Sweet And Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
Servings 6 kabobs
- 4 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 8 oz can pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup minced red onion/shallots
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large green pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion cut into quarters
- 1 ½ cups fresh pineapple cut into ½-3/4 inch chunks
- 6 bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water or metal skewers
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Glaze: (Slightly warmed)
- 1 10 oz jar red pepper jelly
- ½ cup pineapple juice
To prepare the marinade: Whisk together the marinade ingredients. Pour into a large plastic storage bag. Add the chicken chinks and place into the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
To prepare the kabobs: Remove the chicken from the marinade. Thread onto skewers alternating the peppers, chicken, pineapple and onion chunks onto the skewers. Season everything lightly with salt and pepper.
To grill: Oil grill grates and preheat grill to medium-high heat. Cook the kabobs rotating as needed so they will cook evenly. About 2-3 minutes on all sides. The kabobs should char, but, not burn.
In the last 2 minutes of grilling, reduce the grill temperature to medium and begin to baste the kabobs with the spicy pineapple glaze until lightly charred
Serve over rice pilaf.
- When cutting the chicken, make a special effort to cut the pieces into similar sizes so the pieces will cook evenly.
- It will take the kabobs around 12-16 minutes in total cooking time depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 716mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 72g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg