Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sweet And Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks [approximately 2 lbs]
- 1 green pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh pineapple cut into 1/2-3/4 inch chunks
- 6 bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water
- For the marinade:
- 1 [6 oz] can pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced red onion/shallots
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Glaze: [Mix together and warm slightly]
- 1 [10 oz] jar red pepper jelly
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- To prepare the marinade: Whisk together the marinade ingredients. Pour into a large plastic storage bag. Add the chicken and place into the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours, overnight is ideal.
- To prepare the kabobs: When you're ready to prepare the kabobs, remove the chicken from the marinade. Alternate the peppers, chicken, pineapple and onion chunks onto the skewers. Season everything lightly with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill grates and preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Cook the kabobs rotating as needed so they will cook evenly. About 4 minutes on all sides. The kabobs should char, but, not burn.
- In the last 2 minutes of grilling, reduce the grill temperature to medium and begin to baste the kabobs with the spicy pineapple glaze until lightly charred
- [Tip: It will take the kabobs around 16-18 minutes in total cooking time depending on the size of the chicken pieces.]
- Serve over rice pilaf.
When cutting the chicken, make a special effort to cut the pieces into similar sizes so the pieces will cook evenly.