Helpful Tips for Making Chicken Kabobs
- To assemble these sweet and spicy kabobs, you'll thread chunks of fresh pineapple, crunchy vegetables and tender marinated chicken chunks onto skewers.
- This recipe works equally well with pork.
- Either way, when brushed with an easy spicy pineapple glaze you've got a winning flavor combination.
- I like to serve these kabobs with a simple rice pilaf, and a steamed veggie or salad to round out our meal.
- For dessert, grilled pineapple kabobs and cookie bowls filled with macadamia nuts and white chocolate. Add a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream and top it all off with a glorious drizzle of caramel and, it's practically a staycation.
- You may also like this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Kabobs from Barefeet in the Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sweet And Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
Servings: 6 kabobs
- 4 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 8 oz can pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup minced red onion/shallots
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger or ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 large green pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion cut into quarters
- 1 ½ cups fresh pineapple cut into ½-3/4 inch chunks
- 6 bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water or metal skewers
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Glaze: (Slightly warmed)
- 1 10 oz jar red pepper jelly
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- To prepare the marinade: Whisk together the marinade ingredients. Pour into a large plastic storage bag. Add the chicken chinks and place into the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- To prepare the kabobs: Remove the chicken from the marinade. Thread onto skewers alternating the peppers, chicken, pineapple and onion chunks onto the skewers. Season everything lightly with salt and pepper.
- To grill: Oil grill grates and preheat grill to medium-high heat. Cook the kabobs rotating as needed so they will cook evenly. About 2-3 minutes on all sides. The kabobs should char, but, not burn.
- In the last 2 minutes of grilling, reduce the grill temperature to medium and begin to baste the kabobs with the spicy pineapple glaze until lightly charred
- Serve over rice pilaf.
- When cutting the chicken, make a special effort to cut the pieces into similar sizes so the pieces will cook evenly.
- It will take the kabobs around 12-16 minutes in total cooking time depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 716mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 72g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg