Shrimp Dip Recipe
Servings 24 (1 Tbsp servings)
- 1 8 oz container chive and onion cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup chili sauce (i.e. Heinz)
- 1 ½ tsp seafood seasoning (i.e. Seafood Magic, Old Bay)
- ½ tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper
- few dashes hot sauce adjust to taste
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely diced (Reserve some for garnishing, if desired)
- 3 green onion thinly sliced
- 4 oz tiny cooked shrimp roughly chopped
- chopped chives for garnishing optional
- assorted crackers, pita chips, crostini or bread for serving
Using an electric mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, chili sauce, seafood seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and lemon pepper. Whip for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add a few dashes of hot sauce, adjusting the level of heat to your taste.
By hand, fold in red bell pepper, green onion and shrimp mixing until fully combined.
Transfer to an airtight container to chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
Serve with crackers or pita chips as an appetizer or as a sandwich spread garnished with additional red pepper and chives, if desired.
Serving: 1Tbsp | Calories: 53kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 97IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg