This super simple Shrimp Dip Recipe is packed with flavor. It can be enjoyed as an appetizer with crackers, crostini and pita chips or, as a spread for croissants and sandwiches.
Shrimp Dip Recipe
This shrimp dip recipe is one that always delights seafood fans. While Southerners may be well know for their love of shrimp and grits or shrimp roll po'boys, many would likely say that they love shrimp in any form. A low country shrimp boil for example, is party food at it's finest. Shrimp recipes find their way onto appetizer, holiday and dinner menus all across the South and not just in the warm summer months. You'd be likely to find shrimp on the menu at holiday parties and weddings, too.
Helpful Tips for Making Shrimp Dip
- Allow at least 2 hours for the dip to chill to give ample time for the flavors to marry. If time allows, overnight is even better.
- This is one of the few times that small shrimp work best. Roughly chopped, they give this dip just the right texture for serving.
- When serving this shrimp at an outdoor activity, keep it chilled in a bowl of ice, if possible.
- Adjust the kick in this dip to your taste by adding or decreasing the amount of hot sauce.
- Enjoy this shrimp dip as an appetizer with crackers, pita chips or crostini or as a sandwich spread.
- You may also enjoy my recipe for homemade kickin' shrimp salad.
- You might also want to checkout this recipe for grilled shrimp skewers from Culinary Hill.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Shrimp Dip Recipe
- 1 8 oz container chive and onion cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup chili sauce (i.e. Heinz)
- 1 ½ tsp seafood seasoning (i.e. Seafood Magic, Old Bay)
- ½ tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper
- few dashes hot sauce adjust to taste
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely diced (Reserve some for garnishing, if desired)
- 3 green onion thinly sliced
- 4 oz tiny cooked shrimp roughly chopped
- chopped chives for garnishing optional
- assorted crackers, pita chips, crostini or bread for serving
- Using an electric mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, chili sauce, seafood seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and lemon pepper. Whip for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add a few dashes of hot sauce, adjusting the level of heat to your taste.
- By hand, fold in red bell pepper, green onion and shrimp mixing until fully combined.
- Transfer to an airtight container to chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Serve with crackers or pita chips as an appetizer or as a sandwich spread garnished with additional red pepper and chives, if desired.