Banana Pudding Cake
Course Cakes, Dessert
Keyword banana-pudding-layer-cake, banana-pudding-recipes, southern-banana-pudding-cake
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Chill time 6 hours
Total Time 6 hours 45 minutes
Servings 12 pieces
Author Melissa Sperka
- 1 recipe Old Fashioned Butter Cake
- 1 2.6 oz box dry whipped topping mix [i.e.Dream Whip] (Box contains 2 packets, use both)
- 3 cup cold half & half divided
- 2 3.4 oz boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz whipped plain cream cheese
- 2 large bananas diced
- 1 16 oz container frozen whipped topping thawed
- whole vanilla wafers plus ½ cup crushed for garnishing
Prepare the butter cake layers per the directions and cool completely.
To prepare the filling, using an electric mixer whip together both packets whipped topping with 1 ¼ cup cold half & half. Whip for 3 minutes or until firm peaks form.
Add both packages of instant pudding, 1 ¾ cups of cold half & half and 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Add cream cheese and whipping for 1-2 minutes until fully combined and fluffy.
Spread half of the filling over the bottom layer of cake. Top with cubed bananas. Gently press the bananas into the filling.
Top with the middle layer of cake and repeat. Top with the last cake layer.
Frost with whipped topping and garnish with vanilla wafers. Chill for at least 6 hours before cutting.
Store leftovers chilled.
- If you choose to use a cake mix for this cake, you'll only need half the filling.
- To save time, the cake layers can be baked in advance, cooled then wrapped in plastic wrap and chilled until assembling.
- Allow ample time for the cake to chill until set.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 863kcal | Carbohydrates: 103g | Protein: 10.8g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 110.25mg | Sodium: 785.25mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 65.5g | Vitamin A: 1199IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 2.3mg