Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Baked French Eggs
- 12 large eggs or desired amount
- 8 oz grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream more or less depending on how many eggs being prepared
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spritz each muffin cup with butter flavored cooking spray. Crack an egg into each cup.
- Drizzle each egg with 1-2 tsp of heavy cream. A drizzle of melted butter will work, too. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the eggs into the oven and cook 7-8 minutes for soft, 9-10 minutes for semi-soft and 11-12 minutes for firm centers. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
For a nice variation, line the muffin cups with a piece of Canadian bacon, ham or a cooked sausage patty. For a vegetarian twist, a bed of spinach. Then crack the egg into the center and bake.