This recipe for Baked French Eggs is the epitome of quick and easy. They're made in a muffin pan giving you the freedom of making as many eggs as you need in one fell swoop.
Easy Baked French Eggs Recipe
What are Baked French Eggs? I call these eggs French eggs as this recipe is my own take on an old French technique of baking eggs in the oven. It's essentially the same technique but adapted so they can be made individually in a muffin pan. The advantage of this technique is that you can make eggs for everyone at one time. I've found that baking eggs is incredibly simple and easy to make plus you can several eggs at once. There are tons of recipes for special breakfast bowls, tarts and hash brown pies and I love those, too. This recipe is all about the egg and serves as an easy way to make several eggs at one time to accompany any of your favorite breakfast sides.
How to Make the Best Baked French Eggs Recipe
Don't you just hate it when you have a house full of guests, and you can only cook 3 eggs at a time to serve them? This baked eggs recipe will eliminate that issue in one fell swoop!
- Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe for Baked Eggs: Large eggs, Parmesan cheese either grated or shredded, heavy cream or melted butter, salt and black pepper.
- What size eggs will I need for this recipe? I use large eggs but please note you could use medium size eggs or extra large eggs. Adjust the baking time to suit your level of preferred doneness. Smaller eggs will cook more quickly and likewise larger eggs will take a little more time to bake.
- How do I season baked eggs? These eggs are drizzled with cream and seasoned simply with salt and pepper.
- Can I use melted butter if I don't have cream on hand? Yes, you absolutely can.
- How do I know when the eggs are done? I include the baking times so, you can cook these French eggs to your preferred doneness. Note the times and consider how your appliance performs for the best result. It may take a couple of tries to get them perfect.
- Can these eggs be made in advance and reheated? Absolutely, yes and they reheat like a dream.
- You can store baked eggs in an airtight container separated by wax paper for up to 5 days. Reheat gently in the microwave.
- These eggs can also be frozen in an airtight container separated by wax paper for up to one month.
Southern Style Dishes to Serve with Baked French Eggs
- These eggs are the perfect size and shape for eating on a freshly baked buttermilk biscuit.
- You can also make these eggs for Eggs Benedict having them bake while you prepare a batch of my Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce.
- Serve baked eggs on toasted English Muffins or bagels.
- You can also jump on the trend of serving runny eggs on a hamburger.
- Serve baked eggs on a salad.
- Enjoy baked eggs on toast or alongside a stack of delicious Sheet Pan French Toast.
- See how to make poached eggs, on the Incredible Egg website.
Are Eggs Good for You?
Eggs may not be appropriate for every individual to consume but they're high in protein and can be part of a healthy diet with the bonus of being inexpensive to make. As always, consult your physician or nutritionist for personal dietary recommendations and if eggs can be incorporated.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Baked French Eggs
Servings: 12 eggs
- 12 large eggs or desired amount
- 8 oz grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream more or less depending on how many eggs being prepared
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spritz each muffin cup with butter flavored cooking spray. Crack an egg into each cup.
- Drizzle each egg with 1-2 teaspoon of heavy cream. A drizzle of melted butter will work, too. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the eggs into the oven and cook 7-8 minutes for soft, 9-10 minutes for semi-soft and 11-12 minutes for firm centers. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
For a nice variation, line the muffin cups with a piece of Canadian bacon, ham or a cooked sausage patty. For a vegetarian twist, a bed of spinach. Then crack the egg into the center and bake.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 194mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 92mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 547IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Can you freeze them?
You can freeze these, sure.
I will never poach an egg again. These are wonderful
I made this in ramekins since I only needed 2 eggs and it turned out Great! I follow the Keto diet so this is Perfect as a quick & tasty breakfast or anytime snack! Well done! Thank you so much for the recipe.
I'm so happy you loved them, thanks!
Thus is z very simple recipe. I sperinkled the eggs with garlic salt and I put the melted butter and a drizzle if soy sauce very tasty Purr cheese on top . Turned out delicious I did add some chopped shallots on top before serving gir extra flavour
Made these this morning and made a second batch for the week. Added some spinach to the bottom. Very good and so easy. Husband really enjoyed them. Thank you!
Tara L Besares
Made these from your recipe so many times and they always turn out lovely. Thanks!
I'm so happy you're enjoying these, thanks!
Good, will make again.
Had a crowd to feed this morning and gave this a try. Huge success! Thanks for the tip!
Question: is the muffin tin large cups or cupcake size?
This recipe uses a standard 12 cup muffin/cupcake pan.
I made these this morning and they were delicious. My family loved them! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
I'm so happy you all enjoyed them, thanks!
I have made these multiple times….LOVE them. I am currently making them with 1/4 of a veggie sausage patty in the bottom with Parmesan cheese on top. So yummy! I make them on Sundays and they are a quick work breakfast. I have introduced them to my grown children and they are also fans. Thanks so much!❤️🦋🦩💕
That's wonderful that you're all enjoying it, thank you!
I love these eggs. So tasty and 2 eggs fill me up for hours.
I'm so happy you're enjoying them, thank you.
OHHHHEMMMMGEEEEE!!! First time I’ve ever made anything like this. Let me start by saying, I’m a professional photographer and so I REALLY ‘eat with my eyes’ as they say lol. The photos drew me in and made me take a chance. The results were DELICIOUS and sooo pretty! My egg-finicky 11yr old ate 3!!!! THANK YOU!
Hi April, I'm so happy you and your family loved these, thanks!
Beautiful for Brunch and very easy to make!
Can these be made ahead and reheated?
Yes, they can be for up to 3 days in the fridge. They can also be frozen.
OHMYGOSH!!! These are the BEST eggs ever!!! There are now 3 of us that are totally addicted!!! 😉😂 I’m making a batch weekly now. So simple, yet simply amazingly delicious… every time!!! Thanks for sharing❣️❣️❣️