When you’re in the mood for something different for a grab-n-go for lunch or planning tasty game day eats these Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Rolls will fit the bill. Buttery rolls stuffed with chicken, bacon and cheese are drizzled with Ranch dressing then baked until they’re warm and gooey. They’re so very tasty and easy to prepare that they’re sure to become a family favorite.
I love having sons, they’re easy to please when it comes to meal planning. I learned rather quickly that whatever I plan to make there should be plenty of it. I’m delighted that they love leftovers and I never hear a complaint from them when we have a repeat dinner. I often try to reinvent leftovers a bit but, at times it’s an encore presentation of the original. That’s how these Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Rolls came to be using leftover roasted chicken. They enjoyed it so much that I began picking up deli chicken to make them as a grab-and-go meal. It worked like a charm and has now become one of our faves.
Since these are designed to be pulled apart, it’s important to use crumbled bacon in place of whole pieces so they can be pulled apart more easily. Also, feel free to use light butter, low fat cheese and light salad dressing I’ve found they work beautifully, too. These rolls can be assembled in advance, covered and chilled then baked off when you’re ready to eat. You can serve them with a side of fresh vegetables and extra Ranch dressing for dipping to round out a scrumptious handheld meal.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Rolls
- 1 15-oz packaged 12-count potato rolls (i.e. Martin's)
- 1 lb thinly sliced deli chicken
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 12 slices colby jack cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared Ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a serrated knife cut through the middle of the potato rolls. Place the bottoms side by side on the pan. Set the tops aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt together the softened butter, chives, garlic salt and onion powder.
- Brush the bottoms of the sliced rolls with about 1/3 of the seasoned butter.
- Layer 1/2 of the cheese on the bottom, then arrange the chicken and bacon crumbles over the cheese. Break cheese slices if needed to fit.
- Drizzle with Ranch dressing. Top with the final layer of cheese.
- Brush liberally with butter mixture. Place the tops on the cheese.
- Brush the remaining seasoned butter on top and sides. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake covered for 20 minutes then uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden.
- Cut apart and serve immediately with additional Ranch dressing, if desired.