This little Loaded Bacon And Egg Hash Brown Muffins are a terrific option for feeding a group or busy school mornings. They’re a savory breakfast muffin, packed with shredded hash browns, crumbled bacon and eggs. The addition of sour cream not only compliments the hash brown potatoes but also gives the eggs a creamy texture. Add sliced green onion, a few seasonings and cheddar cheese and it’s all she wrote.
How Easy Are These To Make?
It’s as simple as mixing everything together and using an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups and bake. I used white and yellow cheddar cheese in these muffins as that’s what I most often have on hand. As with any dish, the flavor of cheese you’d like to use is completely up to you and your personal preference. If you’d like to add a touch of spice, use pepper-jack cheese in place of the cheddar. It’s fun to be creative, there’s always room to personalize and that’s the element that makes cooking so enjoyable.
What’s The Best Way To Serve these?
These muffins are delicious served as is or fully loaded garnished with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of bacon and green onion. For a time saver, they can be made in advance and gently reheated, too. For a special day or any day, it’s a treat worth waking up for. Planning a special brunch? You may also like to try my Bundt Pan Bacon Egg and Cheese Brunch Bread, or for a kick start to your day these Bacon Egg Breakfast Tacos. If you’re an avocado fan you;ll love this Cheesy Egg, Avocado, Bacon Breakfast Sandwich.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Loaded Bacon And Egg Hash Brown Muffins
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream plus additional for serving
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 20 oz package refrigerated hash browns
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 4 green onion finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked and finely crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a regular 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, garlic salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Add the hash browns, melted butter, green onion, crumbled bacon, grated Parmesan cheese and 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Spray the cups of a standard 12 cup muffin tin liberally with butter flavored or regular cooking spray. Divide the mixture between the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Rest for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edges to loosen.
- Serve as is or with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of bacon crumbles and green onion.