Loaded Bacon And Egg Hash Brown Muffins – These little breakfast muffins are a terrific option for feeding a group or even a busy school morning. They’re a savory breakfast muffin, packed with shredded hash browns, crumbled bacon and eggs. The addition of sour cream not only compliments the hash brown potatoes but also gives the eggs a creamy texture. Add sliced green onion, a few seasonings and of course, shredded cheddar cheese and it’s all she wrote.
It’s as simple as mixing everything together and using an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups and bake. I used white and yellow cheddar cheese in my muffins since that’s what I had on hand. As with any dish, the cheese choice is completely up to you and your personal preference. Want to add some spice? Use pepper-jack cheese in place of the cheddar. Be creative, there’s plenty of room to personalize and that’s the element that makes cooking fun.
These muffins are delicious served as is or fully loaded garnished with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of bacon and green onion. For a timesaver, they can be made in advance and gently reheated, too. For a special day or any day, it’s a treat worth waking up for.
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream, plus additional for serving
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1  oz package refrigerated hash browns
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 green onion, finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and finely crumbled
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a regular 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, garlic salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Add the hash browns, melted butter, green onion, crumbled bacon, grated Parmesan cheese and 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Spray the cups of a standard 12 cup muffin tin liberally with butter flavored or regular cooking spray. Divide the mixture between the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Rest for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edges to loosen.
- Serve as is or with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of bacon crumbles and green onion.