This Carrot Cake Pudding Cookies recipe encapsulates everything about carrot cake in the delectable form of a chewy cookie. They're delicious as is, but slathered with a homemade cream cheese frosting takes them over-the-top. They won't last long in your cookie jar.
Easy Carrot Cake Pudding Cookies Recipe
Cookies are forever a part of the fabric of our lives. My kids are just like yours, they simply can't resist a freshly baked batch of Peanut Butter Cookies, Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies or Funfetti Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies. Trust me, when it comes to cookies they never have to beg, I love them, too.
How to Make the Best Carrot Cake Pudding Cookies Recipe
We often think of carrot cake as a seasonal treat to be enjoyed around Easter or the holidays in general. It's far too delicious to limit to just those times of the year and these cookie are sure to satisfy your craving for carrot cake with little fuss. Plus, no fork and plate is needed and they're shareable with the special people in your life.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Carrot Cake Pudding Cookies: All purpose flour, quick cooking oats, one package vanilla instant pudding mix, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, baking soda, salt, butter, finely grated carrot, butter, large eggs, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, pecans, toffee bits (bits-o-brickle).
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting you'll need: Cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Make sure you give the cream cheese and butter ample time to soften to make it easier to blend with the powdered sugar. You could also add heavy cream one tablespoon at a time to thin, if desired.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, whisk, large bowl, medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, grater, cookie scoop or ice cream scoop for dividing the dough and baking sheets.
- You can use chopped pecans or walnuts for these cookies. You could also omit them altogether if that's your preference.
- If you'd like to place one pecan on each cookie, add 30 pecan halves to the baking sheet to toast along with the amount of chopped pecans called for in the recipe.
- It's well worth the small amount of effort to toast the nuts prior to adding them to the cookie dough. To toast: Spread on a sheet pan in a single layer. Toast in a 350°F oven for 6-8 minutes or until fragrant and lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- These carrot cake cookies are perfectly suited to be made one day in advance and waiting to frost them just before serving to save time.
- You may also consider frosting half of the cookies and leaving the rest unfrosted.
- Store frosted Carrot Cake Pudding Cookies in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy with a cup of hot tea or coffee and savor the delicious flavor.
More Cookie Recipes to Make
- These Turtle Cookies are made in a muffin pan to hold all of the delicious toppings inside.
- No celebration is complete with classic Chocolate Crinkle Cookies.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies are a seasonal cookie you can enjoy anytime of year.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are certain to become a family favorite.
- Buttery Pecan Cookies are irresistible.
- Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pudding Cookies are the epitome of go big or go home!
- Rhubarb Cookies from Kitchen Divas.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Carrot Cake Pudding Cookies
- 1 ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 3.4 oz box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup finely shredded carrot
- ½ cup English toffee bits
- ½ cup toasted pecans or walnuts
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoon butter softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To make the Cookies: In a medium bowl, use a whisk to sift together all purpose flour, oats, vanilla pudding mix, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients mixing until fully moistened, the dough is thick.
- Mix in the shredded carrots, toffee bits and pecans (or walnuts) by hand.
- Use a 1 ½ Tablespoon ice cream scoop or cookie scoop to divide the dough. Place at least 2 inches apart on the pan to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 18 minutes until golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- To prepare the frosting: Use an electric mixer to cream together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Frost the cookies and garnish each with 1 pecan half, if desired.