These Carrot Cake Pudding Cookies encompass everything we love about carrot cake in the delectable form of a chewy cookie. They're delicious as is but slathered with a homemade cream cheese frosting takes them over-the-top. They are guaranteed to appeal to more than just the carrot cake fans and won't last long in your cookie jar.
Carrot Cake Cookies Appeal to Kids of All Ages
Cookies are forever a part of the fabric of our lives. My kids are just like yours, they simply can't resist a freshly baked batch of Peanut Butter Cookies, Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies or Funfetti Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies. Trust me, when it comes to cookies they never have to beg, I love them, too. These carrot cake cookies are perfectly suited to be made a day in advance, and frosting them either just before serving or not at all, it's completely up to you. You may consider frosting half and leaving the rest plain. Store frosted cookies chilled, then enjoy with a cup of hot tea or coffee and savor the delicious flavor.
Carrot Cake Recipe
We often think of carrot cake as a seasonal treat to be enjoyed around Easter or the holidays in general. It's far too delicious to limit to just those times of the year and these cookie are sure to satisfy your craving for carrot cake with little fuss. Plus, no fork and plate is needed and they're shareable with the special people in your life.
Other Carrot Cake Recipes to Add to the Menu
- Cream Cheese Frosted Carrot Cake Loaf
- Carrot Cake Poke Cake
- Cheesecake Layered Carrot Cake from Sugar Spun Run
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Carrot Cake Pudding Cookies
- 1 ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 3.4 oz box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup finely shredded carrot
- ½ cup English toffee bits
- ½ cup toasted pecans or walnuts
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the all purpose flour, oats, vanilla pudding, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, baking soda and salt. [Tip: 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and allspice]
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients mixing until fully moistened, the dough is thick.
- Add the carrots, toffee bits and nuts by hand.
- Use a 2 oz ice cream scoop to divide the dough. Place at least 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 18 minutes until golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- To prepare the frosting: Cream together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Frost the cookies and garnish each with 1 pecan half.