Whip-up a batch of Deviled Egg Salad and have it ready for snacking with bread, rolls and crackers or as a light meal on hectic days.
Easy Deviled Egg Salad Recipe
How to Make the BEST Deviled Egg Salad Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make Deviled Egg Salad: Large eggs, mayonnaise. Dijon mustard, diced pimento or roasted red pepper, sweet pickle relish, celery, celery salt, apple cider vinegar, fresh dill, onion powder, garlic powder or granulated garlic, granulated sugar and black pepper.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Lage pot, medium bowl, whisk, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons.
- You can used diced pimento or roasted red peppers in this recipe. Drian both well before adding to the egg salad mixture.
- You can enjoy this on slider rolls, sandwich bread, croissants or on a bed of lettuce. You can also serve it as a dip with pretzels, crackers, crostini or pita chips.
- You can use sweet pickle relish or dill pickle relish for this recipe. One will lend a slight sweetness to the flavor and the other won’t. It’s fine to go with your preference.
- You can use Dijon mustard or horseradish mustard to give a bite to the flavor.
- You can serve Egg Salad for brunch, at tea time, as an appetizer or a meal.
- Store Deviled Egg Salad well chilled in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Alternate Serving Ideas for Deviled Egg Salad
There’s no one way to enjoy egg salad. You can wrap it in lettuce or eat it with a fork, the choice is yours. You can also take it to another level and serve it in the following ways:
- Serve on mini croissants as an appetizer for parties and holiday gatherings.
- Serve on Southern Buttermilk Biscuits with a slice of homegrown tomatoes.
- Make a batch of pate choux pastry and skip the pastry cream, filling them with this egg salad for egg salad puffs.
- Serve it as an appetizer with a variety of crackers.
- Make a yummy sandwich using my recipe for Dutch Oven Artisan White Bread.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Pickled Eggs from Taste of Home
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Deviled Egg Salad
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 Tbsp Dijon or Horseradish mustard
- 2 oz diced pimentos drained
- 2 Tbsp celery finely diced
- 2 tsp sugar or sweetener
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the eggs in a large pot covered with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer bubbling for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the stovetop and cover.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes then drain.
- Cover with cold water until the eggs have cool enough to handle.
- Peel, then mash with a fork or small dice.
- Place into a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Chill for 2 hours until serving.