Deviled Egg Salad – Egg salad is one of those oh-so-handy things to have ready in the fridge for snacking or light meals. Recently I tested a technique for baking “boiled” eggs. Even though I used fresh, quality eggs and followed the recommendation regarding cooking time, they were incredibly challenging to peel.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Deviled Egg Salad
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 Tbsp Dijon or Horseradish mustard
- 2 oz diced pimentos drained
- 2 Tbsp celery finely diced
- 2 tsp sugar or sweetener
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the eggs in a large pot covered with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer bubbling for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the stovetop and cover.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes then drain.
- Cover with cold water until the eggs have cool enough to handle.
- Peel, then mash with a fork or small dice.
- Place into a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Chill until serving.