One of the most searched Google questions is how to fry an egg. That query sparked this Everything Bagel Breakfast Sandwich Recipe. It's both a delicious and simple way to kick off the day. In it, I'll show you how to fry an egg in a snap and assemble the toasted bagel with cheese and bacon for breakfast sandwich perfection.
Easy Bagel Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
How do you make a Bagel Sandwich with fried eggs? This is one recipe that cook's of all skill levels can make! Preheat the oven to broil then slice the bagels and place onto a sheet pan cut side up. Butter each half and set aside. If you haven't fried the bacon yet, go ahead now is the time. Cook the bacon over medium high heat until crisp then place onto paper towels to drain. Reserve some of the drippings in the hot skillet then carefully add the eggs preferably without touching. Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Once the white has turned opaque, carefully turn adding a splash of water to the pan and cover, this creates steam. To assemble, after toasting the bagels, add one slice cheese and toast just until melted. Add the other slice on top of the eggs, leaving it to melt. This is when you can add red pepper flakes or a few dashes of hot sauce, if you want to kick start your day. Arrange egg with bacon on a warm bagel and top with the other half and enjoy!
How to Make the Best Bagel Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make Bagel Breakfast Sandwich Recipe: Four Everything seasoned bagels, large eggs, bacon, American cheese, salt and black pepper, butter, oil, and optional hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: Large skillet, measuring spoons, spatula and a sheet pan for toasting the bagels.
- This is one recipe that can be adapted to make any number of breakfast sandwiches. From one to a dozen, make as many as you need.
- Bagels are notorious for being challenging to slice. If the bagels used aren't sliced, use a bagel slicer to make the process go smoothly. If not, use great caution when stabilizing the bagel with one hand to slice it through the middle.
- One of the most searched queries on Google is how to fry an egg. That's why I wanted to show the simple process and a trick for adding water to the pan to create steam and covering the egg which gently cooks the egg yolks and melts the cheese in record time. For this recipe using large eggs you'll cook the eggs for around 1 ½ minutes total. The time you cook the egg is meant to be a roadmap and it's completely subjective as everyone likes their eggs cooked differently and the yolks with different levels of firmness. Adjust the cooking time to your taste.
- You can adapt the flavor of cheese on these sandwiches to suit your taste. Pepper jack cheese, colby jack cheese, gruyere or even swiss cheese, if that's what you have on hand.
- These Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches are best made and served while hot. If you'd like to save one (or two!) for another day, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or foil then reheat in the microwave for breakfast on the go within 2 days of making.
More Easy Southern Style Breakfast Recipes to Make
- There's nothing like a powder sugar coated Monte Cristo Sandwich!
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Paninis are another easy breakfast sandwich anyone can make.
- These Cream Cheese Danish are made using frozen puff pastry.
- Treat the family to a Bacon Spinach Quiche for brunch.
- Fluffy Banana Pancakes are always a winner.
- Let this Crockpot Breakfast Casserole simmer all night and breakfast will be ready for you in the morning.
- Bake a batch of Mayonnaise Biscuits and watch them disappear.
- Mini Breakfast Bagel Bites from Eggland's Best.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bagel Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- 8 thick cut slices bacon cooked crisp reserve drippings
- 4 full size everything bagels, sliced
- 4 tablespoon salted butter softened
- 4-8 large eggs (1 or 2 eggs per bagel, your choice)
- 8 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ` crushed red pepper flakes and hot sauce to taste (optional)
- Fry the bacon in a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 1-2 Tablespoons drippings in the skillet.
- To toast the Bagels: Place the oven broiler on high. Place the oven rack in the second position under the broiler.
- Place the bagels cut side up onto a sheet tray. Evenly butter the cut sides of the bagels. Broil bagels for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden. Place one slice of cheese on the bottom half of each bagel, remove from oven, place 2 slices of bacon over cheese. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in the nonstick skillet heat bacon drippings over medium. Carefully add eggs. Season with salt and black (and chili flakes, if using) to taste. Cook for 1 minute then use a spatula to gently flip seasoning the other side.
- Add one slice of American cheese to the top of each egg. Add a splash of water to the pan and cover cooking for 30 seconds or until desired doneness is reached and cheese is melted. (Adjust the time depending on how firm you like the yolk)
- To assemble: Arrange eggs over bacon sprinkle with a few dashes of hot sauce, if desired. Top with toasted tops and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply