A filling breakfast sandwich like these breakfast Bacon Egg and Cheese Paninis are just what the doctor ordered some days. They work for brunch, lunch or an easy late supper and the ingredients are typically on hand. If you can make a grilled cheese sandwich, you can make a panini.
Easy Bacon Egg and Cheese Paninis Recipe
Who says we only eat biscuits for breakfast in the South? While we do love our buttermilk biscuits, a sandwich stuffed with eggs, bacon and cheese can really hit the spot. These should be called anytime of day paninis as they’re perfectly appropriate for any meal. There’s plenty of room to personalize these paninis. How to make Bacon Egg and Cheese Paninis: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Bacon – Fry bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel lined platter to drain. Reserve 2 tablespoon drippings.
- Scramble Eggs – Add beaten eggs to drippings in pan. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste and sprinkle with the chopped chives. Cook over medium until firm, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, keep warm.
- Bread – While the eggs are cooking, slice the bread into twelve 1 inch slices and butter one side of each.
- Heat Pan – Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place one side of the buttered bread into the pan. Top with cheese, bacon, cooked egg then more cheese. Place the second piece of buttered bread on top and press down gently with a spatula.
- Cook – Grill over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts and the paninis are golden turn to brown both sides. Serve immediately.
How to Make the Best Bacon and Egg Breakfast Paninis
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Breakfast Paninis: Large eggs (or egg whites), Italian or French bread loaf, bacon, butter, sliced colby jack cheese, fresh chives, salt and black pepper and half and half or milk.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A stovetop grill pan or large skillet, whisk, medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a sharp knife and cutting board or kitchen sheers to trim the chives and a large turning spatula.
- If you prefer a meatless version for your panini add mushrooms, sautéed spinach, sliced bell peppers or your favorite garden vegetables to the scrambled eggs before assembling the panini.
- You can substitute egg whites for the eggs in this recipe in the same amount, if desired.
- You can use crumbled sausage or sliced ham in place of bacon in this recipe.
- You can use any variety of sliced or shredded cheese that you enjoy. Mozzarella, cheddar, Gruyere, monterey jack, provolone or whatever cheese you have on hand.
- The sky’s the limit with flavor variations and it’s a scrumptious and filling way to make everyone happy at your breakfast, brunch, lunch or late supper table.
- Breakfast Paninis are best made and served hot. If you have any leftover, chill them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container or wrapped in foil. Reheat over medium heat in a buttered skillet or in an air fryer for a few minutes.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes to Make
Breakfast is a delicious option any time day. It’s comforting and easy to pull together after a hectic day. Other breakfast and brunch recipes to try:
- Easy Maple Sausage Breakfast Pastries using canned biscuits.
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Turnovers are a tasty grab-n-go breakfast.
- Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Crescent Braid is a sweet pastry made family style.
- Loaded Bacon and Egg Hash Brown Muffins are made in a muffin pan.
- Ooey Gooey Monte Cristo Sandwich served any time of day.
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole is always a winning start to the day.
- Classic Buttermilk Biscuits and Sausage Gravy.
- Strawberry Muffins from the Seasoned Mom.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Egg and Cheese Paninis
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 12 inch loaf Italian or French bread
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites or the equivalent of beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or half and half
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 12 slices Colby-Jack cheese
- Fry bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel lined platter to drain. Reserve 2 tablespoon drippings.
- Add beaten eggs to drippings in pan. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste and sprinkle with the chopped chives. Cook over medium until firm, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, keep warm.
- While the eggs are cooking, slice the bread into twelve 1 inch slices and butter one side of each.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place one side of the buttered bread into the pan.
- Top with cheese, bacon, cooked egg then more cheese.
- Place the second piece of buttered bread on top and press down gently with a spatula.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side or until the cheese melts and the paninis are golden. Turn to brown both sides.
- Serve immediately.