This easy Bacon Spinach Quiche recipe is one that's ideal for both weekend brunches with the family as well as special holiday gatherings. It's features a classic flavor combination that's always a hit whenever it's served.
Easy Bacon Spinach Quiche Recipe
We're a fan of all things quiche at our house. I make them regularly in a variety of flavor combinations and I can tell you first hand that "real men" DO eat quiche. My teenagers love it! How do you make Spinach Bacon Quiche? Think of quiche as a savory pie. First, start with a quality crust either frozen, refrigerated or homemade. Next, cook the bacon, then whisk together the eggs, cream and simple seasonings. Layer the spinach, bacon and cheese in the pie shell then pour the egg mixture evenly over all. Top with more cheese and bake, it's as easy as that.
How to Make the Best Bacon Spinach Quiche Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Bacon Spinach Quiche: One 9 inch deep dish pie crust, bacon, baby spinach leaves, green onions, heavy cream, large eggs, shredded Gruyere or Swiss or Cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and ground nutmeg.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A 9 inch deep dish pie pan, measuring cups and spoons, a skillet, whisk, mixing bowl, sharp knife and cutting board and cooling rack.
- I find it helpful to place the quiche onto a sheet pan to make it easier to move in and out of the oven.
- I use a frozen pie crust for this recipe and find that when doing so, I can skip the parbake step. When using a refrigerated crust or a homemade crust, it's important to cover with parchment, fill with pie weights or beans and take a few minutes to bake the crust to seal it. See how to make my Flaky Pie Crust recipe here.
- After pouring the egg filling over the spinach, bacon and cheese take a fork and gently move (don't stir) the filling so it seeps through all of the ingredients evenly.
- You can use 1 cup of chopped frozen spinach in a pinch for the filling. When doing so, thaw and squeeze the excess moisture out of the spinach to prevent watering down the filling.
- When baking quiche, the filling often puffs up quite a bit. This is a normal part of the process and it will settle as the quiche cools. It's important to allow ample stand time so it will hold together when sliced.
- This quiche can be made up to one day in advance and reheated just before serving. To reheat a whole quiche, lay foil on top and heat in a 325°F oven for 15 minutes or just until heated through.
- You can reheat Bacon Spinach Quiche in single servings gently in the microwave.
- Store baked quiche chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Quiche Recipes to Make
- Cornbread and Sausage Quiche is a fusion dish you can have any time of day.
- Canadian Bacon Hash Brown Quiche skips the pastry and opts for a shredded potato crust, instead.
- Western Omelet Quiche is a fan favorite.
- Easy Sausage Quiche with a side of fruit for brunch is all you need.
- This Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche recipe is the only one you'll ever need.
- Classic Quiche Lorraine is always a winning option for weekend brunch and holidays.
- Asparagus Quiche from A Dash of Sanity.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Spinach Quiche
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust frozen or refrigerated
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 2 cups packed roughly chopped baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon black pepper adjust to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups shredded Gruyere, Swiss or Cheddar cheese divided use
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prick bottom of pie shell with fork. Bake for 5 minutes. (If using frozen crust, skip this step)
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Add spinach and onions to skillet. Cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes just until wilted and spinach has released liquid. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly..
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together heavy cream, eggs, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, nutmeg.
- Add spinach, onion and bacon to the bottom of the pie crust. Add 1 cup shredded cheese. Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach, bacon and cheese.
- Use a fork to evenly distribute the bacon and spinach in the filling. Sprinkle top with reserved ½ cup shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375°F then lower oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for an additional 30-40 minutes or until the center is puffed and set when gently shaken. (Check at 30 minutes and lay foil on top to prevent overbrowning, if needed)
- Remove to a cooling rack, let stand for at least 15-20 minutes before slicing.