Fresh Berries Provide Baking Inspiration for these Blackberries And Cream Mini Pound Cakes
A Dessert Was In The Works
When we returned home and I’d have time to give it some thought, I decided to modify my cream cheese pound cake recipe to accommodate the addition of the blackberries, and I baked them in a square muffin tin to form the tiny cakes. Then they’re topped off with a sweet, lemony cream cheese topping. These mini cakes optimize fresh and different.
Pound Cakes Remain A Beloved Southern Favorite
I can’t imagine a family get together, church or office potluck in the South without pound cake on the table. Be it, my Aunt Beulah’s Lemon Lovers Pound Cake, an indulgent Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake or a vanilla Million Dollar Pound Cake suitable for any kind of topping that you can imagine.
Other Berry Filled Cakes To Try
There’s something so comforting about the smell of something sweet baking in the oven.
- For rainy day or cool weather baking projects try my recipe for Strawberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Cream Glaze and White Chocolate Blueberry Pound Cake.
- You may also like this Layered Berry Pound Cake from The Baker Chick.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Blackberries And Cream Mini Pound Cakes
- Pound Cakes:
- 2 pints blackberries
- 2 cups all purpose flour plus 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Cream Cheese Frosting (Optional)
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray 12 mini loaf/muffin cups with baking spray.
- Clean and dry berries. Set aside 12 whole berries for garnishing. Toss the remaining blackberries with one Tbsp all purpose flour. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl sift together remaining flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- To make the cakes: In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together, butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar. Cream together until smooth and pale yellow in color. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Lower the speed of the mixer gradually adding dry ingredients. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl periodically.
- Fold the blackberries gently into the cake batter by hand.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups filling 2/3 full. Bounce pan to settle batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting: In a mixing bowl, cream together 4 ounces cream cheese and 4 Tbsp butter.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. Lower the speed of the mixer, gradually beating in the powdered sugar. After all is added increase to medium high and beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Frost cakes as desired. Garnish with reserved whole blackberries. Store chilled.