This easy Bruschetta recipe is a tasty appetizer that's quick and easy to make any time of year. It's ideal for any type of gathering whether you're hosting a casual soiree at home with friends or a formal holiday party. It features toasted french bread topped with a mixture of fresh diced tomatoes seasoned with garlic and olive oil along with balsamic vinegar and fresh basil.
Easy Bruschetta Recipe
How do you make Bruschetta? It begins with fresh diced tomatoes. Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, minced garlic and fresh chiffonade of basil. Drizzle french baguette slices with olive oil and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese then toast in the oven. Top each slice with the fresh tomato mixture and enjoy!
How to Make the BEST Bruschetta
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Bruschetta: One 18-20 inch loaf of baked french bread, vine ripened tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, black pepper, minced garlic, shredded Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: Medium bowl, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, sheet pan, cheese grater and platter for serving.
- You can use vine ripened tomatoes or Roma tomatoes for bruschetta. Choose tomatoes that are firm when gently squeezed, bright red and free of bruising.
- You may opt to drizzle the Bruschetta prior to serving with balsamic glaze or additional olive oil. Balsamic glaze is readily available in most grocery stores with the other vinegar products.
- You may opt to finish with additional parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese.
- You can make and serve bruschetta immediately. That said, if time allows give the tomato mixture a little chill time in the refrigerator to give the flavors time to marry.
- When serving immediately, go ahead and season the tomato mixture with salt and black pepper. When chilling, I recommend that you wait and season with salt just before assembling to avoid the tomatoes from become watery. Drain any juice released prior to assembling.
- How do you chiffonade basil? Stack and roll the leaves tightly like a cigar. Use a sharp knife to cut the basil into ribbons. You can also simply tear the basil by hand.
- The length of the french bread will determine yield.
How to Store Bruschetta
The tomato mixture and french bread crostini should be stored separately for up to 1 day. Since the tomatoes are fresh, you should make and enjoy the same day but any leftover tomatoes should be stored in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator. The bread should be wrapped in foil and stored at room temperature. Drain any juice released by the tomatoes prior to assembling.
More Tomato Recipes to Make
- Crumb Topped Four Cheese Tomato Pie is always a win.
- See this technique for Freezing Summer Tomatoes and making homemade tomato sauce.
- Serve this homemade Tomato Jam as a spread for burgers and sandwiches.
- Cherry Tomato Onion Cucumber Salad is good and good for you.
- Baked Pimiento Cheese Tomatoes are addictive!
- My recipe for Fried Green Tomatoes is the only one you'll ever need.
- Make your own Canned Tomatoes with this recipe from Lovefoodies.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 6 medium vine ripened or Roma tomatoes remove seeds, cube
- 3-4 tablespoon fresh basil cut into ribbons divided use
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil plus additional for brushing french bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½-1 teaspoon black pepper adjust to taste
- 1 18-20 inch french bread baguette sliced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, gently mix together diced tomatoes, minced garlic, 2 tablespoon basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- To Make Crostini: Preheat the oven for 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Arrange the sliced baguette on a baking sheet. Brush each side with olive oil and place them onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden and lightly crisp.
- To Assemble Bruschetta: Remove tomato mixture from the refrigerator and season with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the chilled tomato mixture onto each baguette slice and garnish with ribbons of basil.
- You can sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese, crumbled goat cheese or drizzle with balsamic glaze, if desired. Serve immediately.
- When serving immediately, go ahead and season the tomato mixture with salt and black pepper. When chilling, I recommend that you wait and season with salt just before assembling to avoid the tomatoes from become watery.