This Cranberry Orange Yogurt Bread is packed with seasonal flavors that can be enjoyed year-round. It doesn't require any special equipment to prepare and stays true to the nature of quick breads, there's no yeast involved. A yogurt infused homemade batter is filled with citrus zest and fresh cranberries. Serve a slice or two, any time of day you need a tasty sweet fix.
Easy Cranberry Orange Yogurt Bread Recipe
How to Make the Best Cranberry Orange Yogurt Bread Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cranberry Orange Yogurt Bread: All purpose flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, granulated sugar, butter, fresh cranberries, orange juice and orange zest, plain Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, eggs, orange extract plus powdered sugar and heavy cream to make the glaze.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, a whisk, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a large rubber spatula or spoon to mix the batter. You can use a hand mixer to make the batter but it's not necessary and mixes together well by hand.
- You can substitute sour cream for yogurt in this recipe.
- This bread was specifically designed to use fresh cranberries. Frozen cranberries could work but will need to be thawed and well drained before adding to the batter.
- Rinse, pick over and dry the cranberries prior to adding them to the batter.
- Store baked Cranberry Orange Yogurt Bread chilled for up to one week or freeze for up to 2 months. When freezing, thaw and glaze just before serving.
More Cranberry Desserts and Sweets to Make
This cranberry sweet bread is so delicious you may find yourself going back over and over again to sneak another slice. More desserts and sweets using cranberries that you may also like to try:
- This single layer Christmas Cranberry Cake will take you from brunch to dessert.
- Serve this Cranberry Apple Fruit Chutney as a condiment or side for Thanksgiving.
- Cranberry Pretzel Salad is a seasonal riff on strawberry Jell-O salad.
- Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls are a made from scratch delicacy.
- Cranberry Orange Butter Cake never lasts long.
- The family will flip for this creamy Cranberry Fluff.
- Enjoy a freshly baked batch of Cranberry Muffins with your morning cup of coffee.
- You may also like this recipe for Nantucket Cranberry Pie from Barefeet in the Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Cranberry Orange Yogurt Bread
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup [1 stick] butter melted
- 1 cup 2% or whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large oranges zested (around 3 Tbsp)
- 2 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Glaze: mix together until smooth
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a standard 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan or spritz with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, yogurt, eggs, orange zest, orange extract and and vanilla extract.
- By hand mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moistened. The batter will be thick. Gently fold the whole cranberries into the batter until they're evenly distributed.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf pan spreading the batter evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden and a tester inserted into the center comes back clean. Cool completely. (Tip: Check the bread at 50 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top if needed to prevent over browning)
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then remove from the pan and onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To glaze, mix together the powdered sugar, orange juice and zest until the sugar is completely dissolved. Drizzle on top of the cranberry-orange bread.