This Cranberry Orange Yogurt Bread is packed with seasonal flavors that can be enjoyed year-round. It doesn’t require any special equipment to prepare and stays true to the nature of quick breads, there’s no yeast involved. A yogurt infused homemade batter is filled with citrus zest and fresh cranberries. Serve a slice or two, any time of day you need a tasty sweetfix.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Cranberry Orange Yogurt Bread
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup [1 stick] butter melted
- 1 cup 2% or whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large oranges zested (around 3 Tbsp)
- 2 tsp pure orange extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Glaze: mix together until smooth
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a standard 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan or spritz with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, yogurt, eggs, orange zest, orange extract and and vanilla extract.
- By hand mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moistened. The batter will be thick. Gently fold the whole cranberries into the batter until they're evenly distributed.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf pan spreading the batter evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden and a tester inserted into the center comes back clean. Cool completely. (Tip: Check the bread at 50 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top if needed to prevent over browning)
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then remove from the pan and onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To glaze, mix together the powdered sugar, orange juice and zest until the sugar is completely dissolved. Drizzle on top of the cranberry-orange bread.