How Are These Different From Classic Sausage Balls?
Planning a celebration? You may also like to try Creole Shrimp and Grits, Shrimp Creole Soup with Bacon Cornmeal Dumplings, Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice and Creole Seasoning,Creole Shrimp and Cornbread Bruschetta and Crawfish Cheese Bread.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Kicked Up Creole Sausage Balls
- 2 1/4 cups dry biscuit mix [i.e. Bisquick]
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives or 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 lb hot or mild ground pork breakfast sausage [i.e. Jimmy Dean]
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp creole mustard plus additional for serving
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Sweet-hot Creole or honey mustard for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the biscuit mix, creole seasoning and chopped chives or onion.
- Add the sausage, 1/2 cup of milk or buttermilk and creole mustard.
- Using your hands, mix until thoroughly combined. (If this is your first time making sausage balls, it takes a few minutes to fully incorporate all of the ingredients.)
- After the sausage and biscuit mix is combined, add in the shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture using a Tbsp or small cookie scoop. Roll the mixture into bite size balls and place onto the cookie sheet 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with sweet-hot mustard, Creole or honey mustard for serving.