You may also like: Creole Shrimp and Grits, Shrimp Creole Soup with Bacon Cornmeal Dumplings, Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice and Creole Seasoning,Creole Shrimp and Cornbread Bruschetta and Crawfish Cheese Bread.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 2¼ cups dry biscuit mix [i.e. Bisquick]
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives or 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb hot or mild ground pork breakfast sausage [i.e. Jimmy Dean]
- ½ cup milk or buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp creole mustard, plus additional for serving
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Sweet-hot, Creole or honey mustard for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the biscuit mix, creole seasoning and chopped chives or onion.
- Add the sausage, ½ cup of milk or buttermilk and creole mustard.
- Using your hands, mix until thoroughly combined. (If this is your first time making sausage balls, it takes a few minutes to fully incorporate all of the ingredients.)
- After the sausage and biscuit mix is combined, add in the shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture using a Tbsp or small cookie scoop. Roll the mixture into bite size balls and place onto the cookie sheet 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with sweet-hot mustard, Creole or honey mustard for serving.