There's nothing like a stack of homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Top them with butter and a drizzle of syrup to kick start your day.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Some days, I just can't help myself but make these decadent pancakes for my boys. They're quite happy to eat these pancakes for breakfast with butter and maple syrup or for dessert with chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
The old fashioned oats give these pancakes the most spectacular texture that appeals to our family's love for oatmeal. Whether I'm baking a batch of loaded oatmeal chocolate chip cookies or baking apple cinnamon baked oatmeal for brunch I can always find oatmeal in my pantry. It's a pantry staple that has so many uses, I keep it on hand.
- This recipe specifically utilizes old fashioned oats, not quick cooking or instant.
- Soaking the oats prior to incorporating with the other ingredients allows them time to soften and absorb the liquid. Don't skip it.
- Depending on how you divide the pancake batter, the yield may vary. If you make the rounds large, you'll have less pancakes and if you make them smaller, you'll end up with more. Adjust to how many you need and you can't go wrong.
- These pancakes can be made, cooled and wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to one month. Reheat gently in the microwave or in a pan on the stovetop.
- You can use semi sweet or milk chocolate chips in this recipe with no other adjustments needed.
Other Oatmeal Recipes to Try
If your family enjoys oatmeal, checkout these popular recipes for more inspiration.
- Old fashioned Oatmeal Cake with Broiled Coconut Pecan Frosting
- Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- No bake Oatmeal Energy Balls from Well Plated
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk or buttermilk
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- ½-2/3 cup milk chocolate chips plus additional as needed
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 3 Tbsp butter for frying
- Place oats and milk in a medium size mixing bowl. Set aside for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- To the softened oatmeal add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix until fully combined.
- Add egg, melted butter and chocolate chips, mixing until blended.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat add 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter, melt together.
- Using a standard size 4 ounce ice cream scoop or ¼ cup measuring cup divide the batter for each pancake into approximately 3 inch rounds.
- Cook for 2 minutes per side, carefully turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges are browned and cooked. Add more chocolate chips, if desired before turning. Cook in batches adding more oil and butter to the pan between each batch, as needed.
- Serve immediately with butter and maple or chocolate syrup and whipped cream.