When oatmeal, chocolate chips and cookies collide the outcome could only be sheer bliss. These jumbo Loaded Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded up with nuts and toffee bits too, making these the ultimate oatmeal cookie.
These loaded oatmeal cookies, are an all-time family favorite chocked full of chocolate chips, toasted pecans and buttery toffee bits. I make these jumbo size using a standard 4 oz ice cream scoop. You can certainly make them smaller using a 2 oz ice cream scoop, just make sure you adjust the baking time, too. These cookies bake crispy around the edges and chewy on the inside, it’s the perfect combination any time of year. And, don’t forget the milk.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Loaded Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened [2 sticks]
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup English toffee bits
- 1 cup pecan pieces toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture beating just until fully combined. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Use a large spatula to mix-in the oatmeal, chocolate chips, toffee bits and pecans by hand. Mix until fully combined, the batter will be stiff. Remember, the toffee bits will melt while baking, don't be tempted to add liquid.
- For jumbo cookies, use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to divide the cookie dough. Leave 2-3 inches between each to allow for spreading. Using floured fingers flatten the centers.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden and the edges are crispy. Cool for 15 minutes on the pan then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Yield: 24 jumbo cookies or 48 medium-large cookies [using a 2 oz ice cream scoop]
To toast the pecans, lay in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Roast for 6-8 minutes in a 350°F oven. Cool completely before adding to the cookie dough