Orange Cinnamon Baked French Toast is Vintage Comfort Food
To Prepare Orange Cinnamon Baked French Toast with Orange Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Uncover the assembled french toast and sprinkle the top of the bread slices with additional cinnamon and sugar. I usually just eyeball this step.
- Place the dish into the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes or until the tops are golden and the bread is slightly puffy.
- To make the syrup: This can be done in advance and brought to room temperature or warmed in the microwave for serving. In a small saucepan, bring all of the ingredients to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, and continue to cook for 15 minutes until thickened and reduced. The syrup will become dark amber in color. Serve warm with the french toast. This recipe will make approximately 1 cup and easily doubles.
Other French Toast Inspired Recipes to Try
This make ahead French toast is simple to put together, and it truly falls into the category of no fuss meals. For more goodies to try checkout these recipes:
- Caramel Apple Stuffed French Toast
- Praline Pecan French Toast Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Muffins
- Orange Monkey Bread from Six Sister's Stuff
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Orange Cinnamon Baked French Toast
- 9 (1-inch thick) slices French bread
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- Orange syrup:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- The night before: Cut the French bread into one inch thick slices. Butter bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 baking dish and arrange the bread slices side by side in the dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together, half and half, eggs, orange juice, orange zest, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved and the ingredients are fully combined. Pour evenly over bread slices. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To prepare: Preheat oven to 425°F. Uncover baking dish and discard plastic wrap. Sprinkle the top of the bread slices with additional cinnamon and sugar. (Eyeball amount) Let sit on counter for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the tops are golden and the bread is slightly puffy.
- Meanwhile to make the orange syrup: On the stovetop using a small saucepan, bring sugar, orange juice, honey and cinnamon to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, and continue to cook for 15 minutes until thickened and reduced. The syrup will become dark amber in color. (Makes around 1 cup)
- Dust French toast with additional cinnamon and sugar before serving with orange syrup and fresh fruit.