Fall flavors really shine in this recipe for cinnamon infused Pumpkin French Toast with Maple Pumpkin Butter. It's certain to become a favorite on your fall brunch menu.
Easy Pumpkin French Toast Recipe
This fall recipe is one that we like to enjoy when the days turn cooler and colorful pumpkins are everywhere that you look. Those sights are the beginning of the fall and winter holidays. and the ingredients really speak to those warm cinnamon spiced flavors that we all love.
How to Make the Best Pumpkin French Toast Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Pumpkin French Toast: Texas toast OR thick cut brioche or French bread, large eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon and butter or oil for frying.
- For the Maple Pumpkin Butter you'll need: Softened butter, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, powdered sugar and salt.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: Mixing bowls, a whisk, measuring cups and spoons, a large skillet or griddle for frying, a mixer to whip together the ingredients for the maple pumpkin butter, a spatula for turning the french toast and a powdered sugar duster.
- Thick cut bread makes the best french toast.
- Be patient when soaking the Texas toast in the pumpkin custard. While it doesn't have to sit for an extended time, give it just a minute or two on each side to soak in the flavors.
- The homemade maple pumpkin butter can be prepared in advance and chilled until you're ready to serve it alongside the french toast. The amounts easily double, if you'd like to make a larger batch.
- To speed up preparation time, fry this french toast on a large non stick griddle or have two skillets going at once.
- When frying in batches, it's helpful to heat the oven to 200°F and place cooked pieces on a sheet pan and into the oven to keep warm while you work.
- Due to the sugar in the custard, it's important to keep an eye on the temperature of the pan to prevent over browning of the toast.
- You can make the maple pumpkin butter up to 2 days in advance and stored chilled in the refrigerator until servings.
- Store leftover Pumpkin French Toast in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat over medium heat in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brushed with oil or melted butter.
More Southern Style Pumpkin Recipes to Make
Extend pumpkin season with these awesome recipes:
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Maple Butter are another fabulous brunch option.
- These Mini Pumpkin Pies are the ideal size for those who like to sample all of the desserts on the holiday table.
- Freshly baked Pumpkin Pecan Cookies with cream cheese frosting are impossible to resist.
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a seasonal spinoff of a Southern classic.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits are layered with a pecan crumble that's to die for!
- You may also like this recipe for Pumpkin Muffins from Very Best Baking.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pumpkin French Toast
Servings: 10 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 slices Texas toast or 1 inch slices of brioche or challah
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter for frying
- Maple Pumpkin Butter:
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- To make French Toast: In a shallow baking dish, whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Place bread slices into pumpkin mixture and let soak about 60 seconds per side.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat or griddle, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook 2 slices bread at a time until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat cooking in batches, keep warm. (If using a griddle, you may be able to cook all at one time. Adjust the amount of butter, if needed.)
- To make the Maple Pumpkin Butter: In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to whip softened butter with pumpkin, maple syrup, powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until light and fluffy. (Easily doubles for a larger batch)
- Serve French toast immediately with pumpkin butter, sprinkled with powdered sugar, and drizzled with maple syrup.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2802IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Leave a Reply