These no bake Peanut Butter Bars come together in minutes and taste a lot like those famous chocolate peanut butter cups we all love. They're drizzled with a peanut butter infused warm chocolate topping and sprinkled with salted peanuts for crunch.
Easy Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
How do you make Peanut Butter Bars? This easy recipe is one that doesn't require any baking and features only a few simple ingredients. You begin by mixing together graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and peanut butter with melted butter. Once combined, press the mixture evenly into a 13 x 9 inch pan. Pop that into the fridge to set while you melt the chocolate and peanut butter chips. Once the chocolate mixture is smooth, spread it evenly on top and then sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Let set, then cut into squares and enjoy.
How to Make the BEST Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade no bake Peanut Butter Bars: Finely ground graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, powdered sugar, creamy peanut butter, semi sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and chopped salted peanuts.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: 13 x 9 inch pan or dish, medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, nut chopper or sharp knife and chopping board, double boiler, plus an offset spatula for spreading the chocolate on top.
- If you don't have a double boiler you can make your own. Fit a stainless steel bowl or tempered glass bowl over 1 inch of simmering water. Be certain that the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Let sit until the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips are completely melted. Stir the baking chips and peanut butter periodically until the mixture is completely smooth.
- You can use your favorite brand of baking chips for this recipe. I recommend Ghiradelli as it tends to melt smoothly.
- You can use salted or unsalted butter in this recipe. Don't sweat the small stuff.
- You can use chunky peanut butter in this recipe but creamy really does work best. Chunky peanut butter won't taste different but it does change the texture and I find it to be drier. This is one instance when the ingredients are so simple you should make as few changes as possible.
- You can use your favorite brand of peanut butter. I use Jif peanut butter for this recipe.
- You can use only semi sweet chocolate chips or only peanut butter baking chips for the topping. This won't change the amount, only the flavor. You may also try replacing the peanut butter chips with butterscotch chips for a slightly different flavor profile.
- Store Peanut Butter Bars chilled in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- You can freeze these bars for up to 3 months. When stacking, separate layers with wax paper to prevent them from sticking together.
More Cookies and Cookie Bar Recipes to Make
- Loaded Turtle Cookie Bars are filled with Rolos and toasted chopped pecans.
- Almond Joy Cookies won't last long in your cookie jar.
- Carmelitas are rich and decadent.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars are a fusion of two delicious desserts in one.
- Rocky Road Brown Cookies feature mini marshmallows and toasted almonds encased in a rich chocolate cookie dough.
- Snickers Bar Blondies feature chopped candy bars in the dough.
- Rhubarb Bars from King Arthur Baking.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup butter melted
- 3 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter baking chips
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter
- ½ cup chopped salted peanuts
- Brush a 13 x 9 inch pan with softened butter.
- To make the Bars: In a medium mixing bowl, use a silicone spatula or large spoon mix together melted butter with graham crackers crumbs, powdered sugar and peanut butter.
- Press evenly into 13 x 9 inch pan. Place into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- To make the Topping: In a microwave safe bowl or double boiler, melt together semi sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and peanut butter. Stir until completely smooth. Spread evenly over the crust.
- Remove bars from fridge and spread with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Cool completely at room temperature or chill for quicker set up. Cut into squares for serving.
- Store in an airtight container chilled for up to one week.