These buttery homemade Almond Joy Cookies were inspired by the popular candy bar. They feature chocolate chips, coconut and almonds for crunch. They never last long in our cookie jar.
Easy Almond Joy Cookies Recipe
Candy bars make a terrific mix-in for cookie dough. In this instance, almond joys were the inspiration. I chose to separate out the typical ingredients and combine it with a buttery homemade cookie dough. The end result is an irresistible cookie that has crispy edges and a slightly chewy center.
How to Make the BEST Almond Joy Cookies Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Almond Joy Cookies: All purpose flour, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, almond extract, butter, large eggs, sweetened flaked coconut, milk chocolate chips or semi sweet chocolate chips and sliced almonds.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, large bowl, whisk, medium bowl., cookie scoop, baking pans, measuring cups and spoons and cooling rack.
- This cookie dough features both vanilla and almond extracts. Almond has a very intense flavor, so don’t be heavy handed for the best balance of flavors.
- I use milk chocolate chips for these cookies. You could use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips in the same amount.
- A cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop will make light work of dividing the dough for baking. You can make these cookies any size you like but make sure you adjust the bake time. Smaller cookies will take less time to bake and larger cookies will take longer.
- Why is it necessary to chill the dough? The butter has to be soft to incorporate properly with the other ingredients. It’s important to chill the dough to allow the butter time to firm up again. It’s a very important step for these cookies, don’t be tempted to bake them immediately unless, you’re going for super thin. Chill the dough for at least an hour or overnight for the best result.
- This prepared cookie dough will keep chilled in an airtight container for up to one week. Frozen it will store for up to two months.
- Store baked Almond Joy Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
More Cookie Recipes to Make
If you’d like to explore other options inspired by popular candy bars, checkout these recipes, too.
- Candy Bar Pretzel Cookies feature a sweet and salty vibe that makes them so yummy.
- Baby Ruth Cookies are chewy and delicious
- These crisp Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies are a cinch to make and never last long.
- Sweet and full flavored Bodacious Butterfinger Cookie Bars.
- These Turtle Cookies are filled with pecans, caramel and chocolate.
- Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies are the epitome of go big or go home.
- Twix Cookies from My Incredible Recipes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Almond Joy Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/4 cups sliced almonds
- In a medium size mixing bowl, use a whisk to sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl use an electric mixer to cream together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture in the bowl. Beat until fully combined, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- By hand, mix in the chocolate chips, coconut and sliced almonds. Mix until evenly distributed. Cover bowl and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a 2 oz small ice cream scoop or a Tbsp to drop into rounds on the sheet pan. Leave at least 2 inches between.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.