Loaded Turtle Cookie Bars are a cross between a cookie bar and turtle candy. They’re a special treat for both chocolate and caramel lovers. They’re loaded with Rolo candies, chocolate and pecans all wrapped up in a buttery cookie batter.You can enjoy them with or without the ganache drizzle but, who would want to? They’re unapologetically rich and meant for sharing with the special people in your life.
Loaded Turtle Cookie Bars
If you’d like to serve these cookie bars while the filling is still gooey, I highly recommend you try them warm and freshly drizzled with ganache. Make these Loaded Turtle Cookie Bars for your next bake sale, a backyard cookout or for your holiday goodies. By the way, there’s no need to wait until the holidays, every baker knows you need to do a trial run ahead of time for snacking, I won’t tell if you won’t. These are the kind of cookie bars that kids of all ages love, and the chocolate drizzle gives them just the right amount of decadence.
Other Turtle Candy Inspired Dishes to Try
To me, baking sweets for family and friends is one of those small pleasures in life that brings with it big impact. When you share something you’ve made with other people, it really shows the love. Whether it’s teachers, babysitters that special associate at your local butcher or market, they’re certain to love these Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes from Taste of Lizzy and Chunky Turtle Ice Cream from Cravings of a Lunatic, too.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Loaded Turtle Cookie Bars
Servings: 24 squares
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 12 oz packages Rolos unwrapped cut in half
- 1 cup chopped pecans toasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vegetable shortening
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally spritz a 13 x 9 inch metal baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter. Add the brown sugar. Cook over medium stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool to warm.
- Beat the eggs into the warm mixture one at a time beating well after each. Add the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually beat into the creamed butter-brown sugar mixture.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the pan. Top with 1/2 of the Rolo candies and 1/2 of the toasted pecan pieces.
- Pour the remaining batter on top. Roughly chop the remaining Rolo candies and sprinkle over the batter. Top with a sprinkle of pecans. [Reserve 2 Tbsp for garnishing]
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick shows moist batter crumbs. [The melted caramel will be gooey,]
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the chocolate chips and vegetable shortenng. Heat in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Drizzle over the warm bars and garnish with pecans.