These Snickers Bar Blondies are filled with chewy candy bar nougat, chocolate and peanuts. Serve them warm or at room temperature for a sweet fix in a hurry.
Snickers Bar Blondies
Cookie bars are one of my favorite childhood sweets. It was such a thrill to know my Mom was whipping-up a batch of her chocolate chip cookie bars and sheer agony of waiting for them to cool. My boys seem to have the same reaction when they know I’m busy in the kitchen baking something sweet for them, too. These candy bar filled blondies are chewy and filled with chocolate, chewy nougat and peanutty goodness. I usually get the kids to unwrap the candy bars for me, and they don’t seem to mind doing it nearly as much as I do. They make for a perfect rainy day baking fun for the whole family.
Helpful Tips for Making Snickers Bar Blondies
- Enlist the kids help with unwrapping the candy bars and get them involved in the prep.
- When chopping the candy bars, think cubes not random chopped candy. This will help the batter to bake more evenly.
- It’s important to let the butter-sugar mixture to cool slightly before adding the eggs.
- Use unsalted butter for the batter since the peanuts are salted.
- Test for doneness sticking a toothpick into the batter portion only.
- These blondies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Other bars to try Turtle Cookie Bars made with Rolo candy. Praline Pecan Bars made with pantry ingredients. Warm and spicy Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars.
- You may also like this recipe for Chocolate Chip Blondies from Taste of Home.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Snickers Bar Blondies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 11 oz package snack size Snickers bars cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan met together the butter and brown sugar. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Cool to warm.
- Beat the vanilla and the eggs into the cooled brown sugar and butter one egg at a time.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the bowl, beating with a hand mixer until fully combined.
- Stir 1/3 of the chopped Snickers and 1/2 of the chopped peanuts into the batter by hand.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining Snickers bars and chopped peanuts on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Cool on a cooling rack in the pan. Cut into desired size squares.