These chewy chocolate drizzled Peanut Butter Popcorn Bytes are movie night munchies perfection. A peanut butter filled marshmallow coating takes movie popcorn to a whole new level. A drizzle of chocolate adds decadence making these chewy bytes irresistible.
We really love planning the occasional Friday night movie at our house. It’s a fun way for us to sit down and spend time together as a family after a busy week or entertain friends and family. Fun movie munchies are part of the routine, and I don’t know who loves it planning it more me or the kids. I certainly enjoy the party planning more. For our family viewing of the cute seasonal movie “Arthur Christmas” I was inspired to create these Peanut Butter Popcorn Bytes for us to enjoy as our “theme” movie munchies. You can never go wrong, with popcorn, peanuts and chocolate and they’re easy-to-make to boot. See also Caramel Corn and Chocolate Dipped Caramel Popcorn Balls.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Peanut Butter Popcorn Bytes
Servings: 24  inch squares or 48  inch squares.
- 2 quart salted butter flavored popcorn [approximately 8-9 cups total]
- 2 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1 10 oz bag peanut butter chips
- 1 10.5 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup milk or semi sweet or dark chocolate chips [your preference]
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cocktail peanuts [optional]
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the popcorn and peanuts.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan melt together butter, peanut butter chips and marshmallows. Stir constantly over low heat until completely melted and heated through.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla.
- Pour the peanut butter marshmallow coating over the popcorn and peanuts.Stir with a non stick spatula until the popcorn and peanuts are completely coated.
- Press into a buttered 9 x 13 inch dish. Cool completely on the counter for 2 hours or until the bottom of the dish is cool to the touch before cutting.
- To make the ganache: Melt 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips with heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments until smooth, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet, with wax paper. Cut the peanut butter popcorn into 24  inch squares or 48  inch squares. Place onto the wax paper.
- Drizzle the squares with the warm ganache and sprinkle each with chopped peanuts, if desired.
- Cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!