Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Peanut Butter Popcorn Bytes
- 2 quart salted butter flavored popcorn [approximately 8-9 cups total]
- 2 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1 10 oz bag peanut butter chips
- 1 10.5 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup milk or semi sweet or dark chocolate chips [your preference]
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cocktail peanuts [optional]
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the popcorn and peanuts.
In a heavy bottomed saucepan melt together butter, peanut butter chips and marshmallows. Stir constantly over low heat until completely melted and heated through.
Remove from the heat and add vanilla.
- Pour the peanut butter marshmallow coating over the popcorn and peanuts.Stir with a non stick spatula until the popcorn and peanuts are completely coated.
Press into a buttered 9 x 13 inch dish. Cool completely on the counter for 2 hours or until the bottom of the dish is cool to the touch before cutting.
To make the ganache: Melt 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips with heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments until smooth, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
Line a baking sheet, with wax paper. Cut the peanut butter popcorn into 24  inch squares or 48  inch squares. Place onto the wax paper.
- Drizzle the squares with the warm ganache and sprinkle each with chopped peanuts, if desired.
- Cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature