Roasted Mexican Corn – Sweet roasted corn is like candy, isn’t it? The roasting brings out the natural sweetness and it caramelizes ever so slightly around the edges. Heavenly! This is our favorite roasted Mexican corn medley. You can make this using fresh or frozen corn but, in the Summer when fresh corn is abundant, I always use fresh.
You may also like: Confetti Corn and Black Bean Medley, Mom’s Corn Pudding Souffle, Oven Roasted Corn on the Cobb, Southern Style Creamed Corn, Slow Cooker Creamed Corn, Corn and Basil Cakes, Scalloped Corn and Broccoli.
Roasted Mexican Corn
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 2-3 Tbsp butter/margarine
- garlic salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spritz with cooking spray. Spread the corn and diced bell peppers on the pan in a single layer.
- Drizzle with melted butter and season with garlic salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Roast in the hot oven for 15-18 minutes, stopping to stir halfway through roasting.
- Continue to roast until the corn begins to caramelize. Serve immediately
To lighten up this dish use cooking spray in place of the butter.