This easy Roasted Mexican Corn is seasoned with fresh bell peppers and roasted in the oven until slightly sweet and charred. It makes a colorful and delicious side dish to complement a variety of entrees.
Roasted Mexican Corn
Sweet roasted corn is like garden candy, isn't it? The roasting brings out the natural sweetness and it caramelizes ever so slightly around the edges. I'm certain you're familiar with the little cans of "Mexican corn" found on the vegetable aisle amongst the canned goods at the grocery store. This recipe simply takes fresh garden vegetables and recreates an even more mouthwatering version that's unforgettable. Don't let the name fool you, this side dish goes with anything you'd like to serve it alongside and sure to broaden your side dish menu options.
In a pinch, you can make this using fresh or frozen corn but, in the Summer when fresh corn is abundant, I always use fresh.
Serving suggestions for serving Roasted Mexican Corn:
- Serve as a side dish with grilled or roasted steak, chicken or pork.
- Serve as a topping for tacos or salads.
- Spritz with fresh lime juice after roasting, add diced onion and serve as a roasted corn salsa.
- Serve as a topping for nachos.
- This corn medley is delicious with barbecue, too.
Other Ways to Enjoy Fresh Corn
Our family Thanksgiving table wouldn't be complete without my Mom's Corn Pudding Souffle. During warm summer months my family also loves this simple Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob as well as my stovetop Southern Style Creamed Corn. You may also like to checkout how to make Slow Cooker Creamed Corn from The Slow Roasted Italian.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Roasted Mexican Corn
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 cups fresh OR frozen corn thawed
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper diced
- 2-3 tablespoon butter
- garlic salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spritz liberally with cooking spray.
- Mix together corn and bell peppers. Spread in a single layer on pan.
- Drizzle with melted butter and season with garlic salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Roast for 15-18 minutes, stopping to stir halfway through.
- Continue to roast until the corn begins to caramelize. Serve immediately.
To lighten up this dish, you may use cooking spray in place of butter.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 754IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Sherry G Smith
Can't wait to try this dish I had it long time ago and loved the taste of everything comes together