Roasted Sweet Corn Salsa
Servings: 2 cups
- 4 medium fresh corn on the cob
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper finely diced
- 1 medium red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper finely diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4-1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Cut and remove the seeds from the jalapeno pepper using a teaspoon.
- Finely dice the jalapeno, red onion, and red pepper. Dice and seed the Roma tomatoes and chop the cilantro.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Move the oven rack to it's highest position.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the kernels from the corn then spread onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Spritz the corn lightly with cooking spray then season with garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for approximately 12-15 minutes or until golden. Keep a close eye on the corn and stir periodically to prevent over browning. Set the roasted corn aside to cool slightly.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the oil, honey and 1/4 cup of lime juice then add the diced vegetables to the bowl.
- Add the roasted corn to the veggies and mix well. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Serve chilled or room temperature with tortilla chips, as a topping for tacos/quesadillas or on a taco salad.
If you use aluminum foil instead of parchment paper, spray it lightly with cooking spray to avoid sticking. It's not necessary to do this with parchment paper.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!