August 4, 2011 updated August 13, 2021
This sweet and spicy Roasted Sweet Corn Salsa is a spectacular way to use fresh corn on the cob. It features fresh jalapenos, Roma tomatoes, sweet red bell pepper and red onion filling it with vibrant colors and flavors, too.
This salsa is no different from any other in that it’s multi purpose. The sky’s the limit with it’s variety of uses. I always like to add a few pointers to help you as you recreate this recipe for your salsa making success.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Roasted Sweet Corn Salsa: Fresh corn on the cob, red onion, jalapeno pepper, red bell pepper, Roma tomatoes, fresh cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, honey, garlic salt, lemon pepper and green onion.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A sharp knife and chopping board, measuring cups and spoons a mixing bowl and whisk to combine the liquid ingredients together for the dressing.
- You can make this salsa with any variety of corn that you enjoy. Yellow corn, white corn, Silverado, Silver Queen or any other that’s readily available at your local market.
- This salsa can be served at room temperature or chilled.
- You could adapt the pepper mix using poblano pepper in addition to jalapeno or in place of diced jalapeno pepper.
- If you’re one of the people that’s sensitive to the flavor of cilantro, you can omit it or switch out flat leaf parsley using it instead.
- You can store this salsa for up to three days in an airtight container in the chilled in the refrigerator.
More Southern Style Salsa Recipes to Make
Fresh salsa whether savory or sweet, adds so much to a meal. They can be used as a condiment, a topping for grilled pork, seafood or chicken or as a salad and taco topping. More salsa recipes you may like to try:
- Homemade Roasted Tomatilla Salsa
- Fruity Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Sweet and spicy Peach and Tomato Salsa you can use as a topping for grilled pork, chicken or fish.
- You may also like this recipe for Homemade Canned Tomato Salsa from Noshing with the Nolands.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Roasted Sweet Corn Salsa
- 4 large ears fresh corn on the cob silk and husk removed
- 1 medium red onion finely diced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4-1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to broil. Move the oven rack positioning it in the upper third of oven.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Spritz foil lightly with cooking spray.
- Use a sharp knife to remove corn kernels from the cob. Spread on baking sheet in a single layer. Spritz the corn lightly with cooking spray.
- Roast for around 10-15 minutes or just until golden. Keep a close eye on the corn and stir periodically to prevent over browning. Set the roasted corn aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, garlic salt and lemon pepper until slightly thickened.
- To the bowl add corn, onion, jalapeno, red pepper, cilantro and tomatoes. Mix well, taste and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately, at room temperature or chill in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Garnish with green onion and jalapeno slices, if desired.
- Serve as a condiment for tacos, nachos, salads, burrito bowls or with tortilla chips.