Roasted Sweet Corn Salsa
Author: Melissa Sperka
Serves: 2 cups
- 4 medium fresh corn on the cob
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup sweet red pepper, finely diced
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼-1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Cut and remove the seeds from the jalapeno pepper using a teaspoon.
- Finely dice the jalapeno, red onion, and red pepper. Dice and seed the Roma tomatoes and chop the cilantro.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Move the oven rack to it's highest position.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the kernels from the corn then spread onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Spritz the corn lightly with cooking spray then season with garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for approximately 12-15 minutes or until golden. Keep a close eye on the corn and stir periodically to prevent over browning. Set the roasted corn aside to cool slightly.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the oil, honey and ¼ cup of lime juice then add the diced vegetables to the bowl.
- Add the roasted corn to the veggies and mix well. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Serve chilled or room temperature with tortilla chips, as a topping for tacos/quesadillas or on a taco salad.
If you use aluminum foil instead of parchment paper, spray it lightly with cooking spray to avoid sticking. It's not necessary to do this with parchment paper.