This Rotel Chicken Spaghetti recipe is creamy and delicious. The homemade cheese sauce paired with rotisserie chicken and smoky bacon is the kind of family pleasing meal that will bring them to the table in a hurry every time.
Easy Rotel Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
So pasta remains a favorite for my family in pretty much any shape and form. Throw in a generous amount of chopped rotisserie chicken and bacon and it’s a bonafide feast. How do you make chicken spaghetti? For this recipe, you’ll fry the bacon and use the drippings to cook the green onions and minced garlic. Add all purpose flour to the drippings along with milk and chicken stock to make the sauce. Rotel tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese finish the sauce along with a packet of Ranch dressing, salt and pepper. Mix together with cooked spaghetti, chopped chicken and bacon then pour into a baking dish and bake per the recipe until bubbly and golden. Voila, dinner is served. How to make easy Rotel Spaghetti with chicken:
- Spaghetti – One half pound cooked spaghetti. Don’t overcook.
- Chicken – Use rotisserie or baked chicken.
- Bacon – Classic bacon fully cooked and chopped.
- Sauce – Garlic, all purpose flour, whole milk or half and half and low sodium chicken stock.
- Seasonings – Salt, black pepper, one packet of dry Ranch Salad dressing mix.
- Mix-ins – Canned Rotel tomatoes you can use mild or spicy and chive and onion cream cheese.
- Cheese – Shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
How to Make the Best Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Rotel Chicken Spaghetti: 8 ounces cooked spaghetti, one can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles, 3 cups chopped rotisseries chicken, minced garlic, chopped green onions, one packet Ranch salad dressing mix, salt, black pepper, milk, chicken stock, all purpose flour, 8 slices chopped bacon, bacon drippings or olive oil, shredded sharp cheddar cheese,
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A large Dutch oven or pot, a pasta cooker, sharp knife and cutting board, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, large spoon for stirring and 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Using a large pot or Dutch oven to make the sauce, doubles as the mixing bowl. If the pot you choose is a Dutch oven it’s oven safe so there’s no need to transfer to a baking dish unless you prefer it.
- If you’d rather skip the bacon, use 3 tablespoons of olive oil for cooking the onions and garlic.
- There’s no need to drain the Rotel tomatoes for this chicken spaghetti. You can choose to use mild or hot, go with your personal preference.
- You can use any cooked chicken in this recipe whether it’s roasted, poached or grilled.
- You can fully assemble this dish several hours in advance then cover and chill. Allow the spaghetti 15-20 minutes on the counter, then bake per the recipe adding a few minutes to the baking time or just monitor checking until it’s bubbly and heated through.
- Store leftovers chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the microwave in single serving portions.
- You can also freeze this Rotel Chicken Spaghetti prior to baking. Thaw in the refrigerator, being to room temperature on the counter for 15-20 minutes then bake per the recipe.
More Easy Pasta Recipes to Make
Pasta is inexpensive and goes a log way in stretching ingredients to fill up everyone without breaking the bank. More recipes featuring pasta you may also like to make:
- This easy Ravioli Casserole comes together in no time flat.
- This Easy Mediterranean Chicken Penne begins on the stovetop featuring spinach, sundried tomatoes and a creamy pesto sauce.
- Make this Cowboy Pasta Salad for game day and potluck parties.
- Lasagna Roll Ups takes everything you like about classic lasagna and rolls it up in an edible pasta swirl.
- Southwestern Chicken Cavatappi is a one dish meal.
- Vegetable Tomato Rotini Soup is a fabulous filling meal for a chilly day.
- See how to make Homemade Pasta from The Pioneer Woman.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
- 8 oz spaghetti cooked to al dente
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions plus additional for garnishing
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup whole milk or half and half
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1.0 oz packet dry Ranch Salad dressing mix
- 1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes (mild or spicy)
- 4 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook spaghetti in salted water per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or large pot (It will double as the mixing bowl) cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain and chop. Reserve 3 tablespoons drippings in pot.
- To the drippings add green onions and minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add flour, mixing until liquid is absorbed. To the pot whisk in milk, chicken stock, salt and black pepper, Mix well, bring to a gentle boil then immediately lower the heat. Let simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
- To the pot add Ranch dressing mix, Rotel tomatoes and cream cheese. Mix until cream cheese melts into the sauce. Add 2 cups cheddar cheese, mix stirring until melted.
- Remove from the heat, add drained spaghetti, chopped chicken and cooked bacon. (Reserve some bacon for garnishing.)
- Mix with a large spoon until fully combined then pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved shredded cheese. (If pot used is oven safe, there's no need to transfer to a dish.)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then serve garnished with green onion and reserved bacon.