These individual Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups are ideal for single serving portions and make ahead meal prep. Baked in a muffin pan, you can finish them with a drizzle of maple or caramel syrup for the finish.
Start the Day with Individual Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups
Baked oatmeal is a favorite make ahead breakfast dish. Making them in a muffin pan is not only perfect for single servings, they're cute as a button, too. It never ceases to amaze me how something baked in different shapes tends to make it so much more unique and exciting. These oatmeal muffins are just that way and the kids love them, too.
Helpful Tips for Making Oatmeal Cups in a Muffin Pan
- I use old fashioned oats for these as they maintain texture and baked beautifully,
- If you prefer, almond milk can be substituted for cow’s milk. You could also adapt using oatmeal or soy milk.
- Eggs can be substituted for flax-seed eggs or any egg substitution that you've had success swapping out in other baked goods.
- To take the oatmeal cups in a slightly different flavor direction, you can use almond or maple extract rather than vanilla extract.
- Turbinado sugar also called, sugar in the raw, adds a nice crunch to the tops. Plus, it adds just a smidge of extra sweetness.
- You can use any variety of apples that you enjoy in these oatmeal cups. You may also decide to leave the peel on or remove it, there's no wrong way to do it.
- These oatmeal cups can be made in advance and chilled, then reheated in the microwave for a quick breakfast on busy mornings. You can also freeze them for up to one month.
Other Oatmeal Recipes to Add to the Menu
Oatmeal is a staple in my pantry and it can be used in a variety of ways. More recipes you may enjoy:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Cinnamon Streusel Oatmeal Muffins
- Oatmeal Cake with Broiled Coconut Pecan Icing
- Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Overnight Slow Cooker Oats from Well Plated
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup plus additional for serving
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups diced apple (peel on or off) Gala, Granny Smith use your favorite
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 ½ teaspoon apple pie spice OR ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the cups of a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together milk, apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs until fully blended.
- Add oatmeal, brown sugar, 1 cup apples, pecans, apple pie spice, baking powder and salt. Mix well, until apples and pecans are evenly distributed.
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup or a 4 ounce ice cream scoop to divide mixture evenly between muffin cups. Divide remaining apples between muffin cups pressing into mixture. Sprinkle tops with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately with additional maple syrup.