This Arugula Salad recipe features baby arugula dressed with a homemade honey lemon vinaigrette. It's tossed with crispy red onion, chewy dried cranberries, glazed pecans and feta cheese. Top it with a sprinkling of shaved Parmesan to garnish and it's ready to serve.
Easy Arugula Salad Recipe
This recipe for Arugula Salad features glazed pecans and a homemade vinaigrette. The addition of creamy Feta cheese and chewy cranberries makes for the perfect combination. If you need to forgo making the pecans from scratch as in the recipe, you can purchase them. Should you choose to go with a prepared vinaigrette, stick to a honey lemon combination for the closest to the flavors reflected in the recipe.
How to Make the Best Arugula Salad Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Arugula Salad with Parmesan: 1 pound arugula, Granny Smith apples, candied pecans, toasted pecans or sliced almonds, dried cranberries, red onion, feta cheese, salt and pepper, shaved Parmesan.
- To make the Honey Lemon Vinaigrette: Honey, lemon juice, olive oil, cider vinegar, light brown sugar, salt, garlic, minced onion or shallot, crushed red pepper flakes, black pepper.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: Large bowl, medium bowl, whisk, tongs, sharp knife and cutting board, citrus zester, measuring cups and spoons, skillet for making candied pecans. You can also make the dressing using a stand blender.
- How to make the vinaigrette in a stand blender: Place the honey, lemon juice, cider vinegar, salt, garlic, onion, crushed red pepper flakes and black pepper in the blender. Cover and pulse on medium high until combined. On low speed, drizzle the olive oil into the mixture slowly in a steady stream through the top blending until emulsified and slightly thickened. Place into a mason jar and chill until serving. Shake well prior to using.
- If this recipe makes more vinaigrette than you need, you can store it in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to one week. Shake well before using.
- The glazed pecans are super simple to make. You can make them up to one week in advance, cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Once the Arugula Salad is dressed, serve it immediately to prevent the greens from wilting.
- Salads aren't suitable for leftovers after being dressed. That being said, you may choose to dress only the greens you plan to eat, and store the remaining ingredients in plastic store bags for a round two meal.
More Easy Salad Recipes to Make
- This BLT Layered Salad Pasta Salad is the best of both worlds.
- Southern Cornbread Salad recipe is as delicious as the colors are vibrant.
- Italian Spaghetti Salad can serve double duty as an entree or a side dish.
- Crunchy Broccoli Salad features toasted pecans, bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Chicken Pasta Salad is made with rotisserie chicken and rotini pasta.
- This Southern Potato Salad is picnic ready.
- Frisee Salad with Egg and Bacon from Food Network.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Candied Pecans:
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 5 oz package baby arugula
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan
- Honey Lemon Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon minced sweet onion or shallot
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- To make Pecans: In a large non stick skillet over medium high heat, add pecan halves. Lightly toast while stirring for 1-2 minutes or just until fragrant. Remove from skillet.
- To the skillet add brown sugar, water and salt. Cook over medium until the sugar has completely dissolved and the mixture is bubbly. Add the pecans back to the skillet and toss in the brown sugar mixture, cooking over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the pecans are fully coated. Remove from heat and spread on parchment paper to cool
- To make the Vinaigrette: Place the ingredients for the vinaigrette into a bowl, or stand blender, reserving the olive oil. Whisk until combined. Slowly drizzle the olive oil whisking until emulsified and slightly thickened. This can be done up to 3 days in advance and refrigerated, shake before using.
- To assemble the Arugula Salad: Place arugula, apple, onion and cranberries in a medium bowl. Using tongs, toss with ¼ cup dressing. Arrange on a large platter and layer ½ pecans and ½ feta cheese. Repeat.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan, serve extra dressing on the side. Serve immediately.