I love layered desserts Black Forest Lush. If for no other reason, but the fact that they’re well, luscious. When it comes to flavor combinations, my imagination knows no end. You’ll be seeing more lush desserts coming from my kitchen. They’re perfect for serving at family, office or potluck gatherings as well as the holidays. Any event where decadent desserts are in order.
I’ve had this black forest lush recipe in my draft folder for quite a while and decided it was time for it to come to life. This black forest version starts with a rich brownie-like crust, then a sweet whipped cream cheese layer. Top the cream cheese layer with cherry pie filling then a layer of chocolate fudge pudding. Over the pudding layer slather the top with plenty of whipped cream. Make this decadent black forest lush one day in advance and prepare for the “oohs” and “aahs” when you serve it. See also Banana Split Lush.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Black Forest Lush
- 3 1/2 cup Oreo cookie crumbs divided
- 1/2 cup butter melted [1 stick]
- 2  oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3  oz cool whip or the equivalent of fresh whipped cream
- 2  oz cans cherry pie filling
- 2 [3.4] oz instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 3 cup cold whole milk or half & half
- 1/4 tsp pure almond extract
- grated chocolate
- marachino cherries for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spritz the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Sift together the 3 1/4 cups of Oreo cookie crumbs with the melted butter. Press firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Whip together 2 softened cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar for 2 minutes or until fluffy and smooth.
- Whip in  8 oz cool whip or 2 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream. Spread evenly over the cooled crust.
- Spread the cherry pie filling over the cream cheese layer.
- Whip both packages of chocolate fudge pudding with 3 cups of cold whole milk or half & half and 1/4 tsp almond extract. Whip until thickened but still pourable. Spread over the cherries.
- Spread the top with the remaining cool whip or 4 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries, remaining crushed 1/4 cup Oreos and grated chocolate, if desired. Chill for at least 4 hours until set or overnight before cutting.