I love layered desserts like this Black Forest Lush. There are many lush variations and this black forest version starts with a rich brownie-like crust topped with a sweet whipped cream cheese layer. Over the cream cheese layer is a thick sweet cherry pie filling then a layer of chocolate fudge pudding. The top is frosted with with plenty of whipped cream and a sprinkle of grated chocolate and then finished with the proverbial cherries on top.
Black Forest Lush Dessert Love
I love layered desserts like this black forest variation. There are many flavors of lush desserts and this black forest version starts with a rich brownie-like crust topped with a sweet whipped cream cheese layer. Over the cream cheese layer is a thick sweet cherry pie filling then a layer of chocolate fudge pudding. The top is frosted with with plenty of whipped cream and a sprinkle of grated chocolate and then finished with the proverbial cherries on top.
More Lush Dessert Flavors to Add to the Menu
Lush desserts are loveable if for no other reason, but the fact that they're well, luscious. Rest assured, in the days to come, you'll be seeing more lush desserts coming from my kitchen. They're perfect for serving at family, office or potluck gatherings as well as the holiday or any occasion when decadent desserts are in order. I've had this black forest lush recipe in my draft folder for quite a while and decided it was time for it to come to life. When it comes to flavor combinations, my imagination knows no end. Here in the recipe index I have:
- Lemon Lush with white chocolate and macadamia nuts
- Chocolate Fudge Lush the very first flavor I ever tried
- Plus, a dreamy Coconut Cream Lush
- Banana Split Lush
- Caramel Banana Pudding Lush
There are so many variations on this beloved layered dessert and I encourage you to come up with a few of your own. Make this decadent black forest lush one day in advance and prepare for the "oohs" and "aahs" when you serve it. You may also enjoy this recipe for Pistachio Lush from The Midnight Baker.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Black Forest Lush
- 3 ½ cup Oreo cookie crumbs divided
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 8 oz cool whip or the equivalent of fresh whipped cream
- 2 18 oz cans cherry pie filling
- 2 3.4 oz instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 3 cup cold whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract or half and half
- grated chocolate
- marachino cherries for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spritz the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Sift together the 3 ¼ cups of Oreo cookie crumbs with the melted butter. Press firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Whip together 2 softened cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar for 2 minutes or until fluffy and smooth.
- Whip in one 8 oz cool whip or 2 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream. Spread evenly over the cooled crust.
- Spread the cherry pie filling over the cream cheese layer.
- Whip both packages of chocolate fudge pudding with 3 cups of cold whole milk or half & half and ¼ teaspoon almond extract. Whip until thickened but, still pourable. Spread over the cherries.
- Frost the top with the remaining cool whip or 4 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream.
- Chill for at least 4 hours until set or overnight before cutting. Garnish with maraschino cherries, remaining crushed ¼ cup Oreos and grated chocolate, if desired.