Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush – This lush chocolate fudge layered dessert is not only delicious but a bite of nostalgia for me. My best friend Kim and I feasted on this regularly at our sleepovers. Her Mom Brenda, made this often, and the first time I enjoyed this dessert was at their house. I often say it’s the dessert with a 1000 names as everyone seems to call it something slightly different.
It’s simple, it’s lush and it’s tried and true. A potluck favorite. This popular layered dessert can be made into a plethora of different flavors depending on your mood. I’ve had lemon, strawberry, vanilla and even pistachio. It also inspired my very popular seasonal variation Pumpkin-Spice Layered Dessert. So very simple and so, so good!
You may also like:
Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup [1 stick] cold butter cubed
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2  oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar [or more to your taste]
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2  oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 [3.5] oz pkgs chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 3 cup half & half or whole milk
- chocolate bar grated for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, cut the butter into the flour, then add the pecans. Press firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until lightly golden. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip together 2  oz softened cream cheese, 1 cup of powdered sugar and vanilla extract until creamy and smooth. Fold in 1  oz whipped topping by hand. Spread over the cooled crust.
- In the same bowl, whip together both packages of fudge instant pudding mix and 3 cups of half & half or whole milk. Whip until thickened.
- Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Frost with the remaining  oz thawed whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the top with grated chocolate.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting.