Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush is a nostalgic dessert that has as many names as flavor possibilities. It's been a hot favorite gracing potluck and holiday dessert tables for decades. The pecan shortbread-like crust is topped with a creamy cheesecake layer and then smothered with chocolate fudge pudding. The top is frosted with whipped cream and grated chocolate for the finish. Simple preparation with delicious results.
Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush
This chocolate fudge layered dessert is not only delicious but a bite of dessert nostalgia for me. My best friend Kim and I, feasted on this regularly at our sleepovers. Her Mom Brenda, made this often, and the first time I tasted this dessert was at their house. It's simple, it's lush and it's tried and true a real potluck favorite. I often refer to this as "the dessert with a one thousand names" as everyone seems to call it something slightly different but, each one spells delicious.
The Sky's the Limit When it Comes to Different Lush Flavors
This popular dessert can be made into a plethora of different flavors depending on your mood or occasion. One of the original flavors that was prominent is pistachio lush. I've also made lemon lush,. black forest lush, caramel banana pudding lush and even pumpkin spice lush for our Thanksgiving table. This strawberry cheesecake lush variation for Kitchen Meets Girl is fantastic for the warm summer months. So very simple and so, so good!
Cheesecake and Chocolate Fudge Pudding!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cold butter cubed
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 3.5 oz boxes chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 3 cup half & half or whole milk
- chocolate bar grated for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, cut the butter into the flour, then add the pecans. Press firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until lightly golden. Cool completely.
- To assemble: In a medium mixing bowl, whip together both cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Fold in one 8 oz whipped topping by hand. Spread over the cooled crust.
- In the same bowl, whip together both packages of fudge instant pudding mix with 3 cups of half & half or whole milk. Whip until thickened. Spread evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Frost with the remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle the top with grated chocolate.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting.