This Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush is a nostalgic dessert that has as many names as has flavor possibilities. It’s been a hot favorite gracing potluck and holiday dessert tables for decades. The pecan shortbread-like crust is topped with a creamy cheesecake layer and then smothered with chocolate fudge pudding. The top is frosted with whipped cream and grated chocolate for the finish. It requires simple preparation with a delicious result.
Easy Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush Recipe
This chocolate fudge layered dessert is not only delicious but a bite of dessert nostalgia for me. It’s simple, it’s lush and it’s a tried and true a real potluck favorite. I often refer to this as “the dessert with a one thousand names” as everyone seems to call it something slightly different but, each one spells delicious.
How to Make the Best Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush Recipe
The sky’s the limit when it comes to different lush flavors : This popular layered dessert can be made into a plethora of different flavors depending on your taste or occasion. You can make Lemon Lush, Black Forest Lush, Caramel Banana Pudding Lush and even Pumpkin Spice Lush for our Thanksgiving table. This Strawberry Cheesecake Lush variation for Kitchen Meets Girl is fantastic for the warm summer months. So very simple and so, so good!
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush: to make these crust you’ll need all purpose flour, chopped pecans and melted butter. For the next layer softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped topping. Instant chocolate fudge pudding mix plus half and half or whole milk and a chocolate bar to garnish the top.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A stand mixer or hand mixer, large bowl, small bowl, measuring cups and spoons, rubber spatula, nut chopper or sharp knife and cutting board, citrus grater (if garnishing with grated chocolate) and 13 x 9 inch pan or dish.
- How do you make chocolate lush? First, toss together the all purpose flour, pecans and melted butter. Press it firmly onto the bottom of the pan and bake in a preheated 350°F for around 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Set the crust aside to cool.
- The cream cheese layer is made by beating together the softened plain cream cheese and powdered sugar. Once combined, fold in whipped topping. Spread this layer over the cooled crust.
- Next, use an electric mixer to whip the instant pudding mix with half and half or whole milk. The pudding should be thick, but still pourable. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Lastly, frost with the remaining whipped topping and garnish with grated chocolate.
- Allow at least 4 hours for the Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush to chill in the refrigerator and set.
- Whipped topping is more stable than fresh whipped cream and works best in these lush desserts. You can use fresh whipped cream if that’s your preference. You’ll need 2 cups for the cream cheese layer and an additional 2-3 cups for the top.
- Store Chocolate Lush chilled for up to 5 days.
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes to Make
- Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle is a stunner!
- Black Bottomed Chocolate Cream Pie is made with a homemade filling that’s smooth as silk.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake melts in your mouth.
- Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge Sauce drizzled on vanilla ice cream is perfection.
- Double Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins are a treat any time of day.
- TheBest Chocolate Layer Cake is for any special occasion when cake is one the menu.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 3.5 oz boxes chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 3 cup half & half or whole milk
- chocolate bar grated for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, cut the butter into the flour, then add the pecans. Press firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until lightly golden. Cool completely.
- To assemble: In a medium mixing bowl, whip together both cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Fold in one 8 oz whipped topping by hand. Spread over the cooled crust.
- In the same bowl, whip together both packages of fudge instant pudding mix with 3 cups of half & half or whole milk. Whip until thickened. Spread evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Frost with the remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle the top with grated chocolate.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting.