This Lemon Lush with White Chocolate and a macadamia nut crust, is a flavor ideal for your warm weather desserts. The bright fresh flavor of lemon pudding layered with a luscious cream cheese filling and whipped cream, can only be eclipsed by the crust filled with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. It's sure to be the hit of any dessert table.
Lemon Lush with White Chocolate and Macadamia Nuts is a Spinoff Vintage Dessert
This popular layered dessert has been rotating through Southern kitchens for many years. I love this vintage layer dessert so much I have several versions here in the MSSK recipe file. Chocolate fudge, a coconut cream lush, a black forest lush and a banana split lush to name a few. To this lemon version, I added macadamia nuts, and plenty of creamy white chocolate chips to the crust and a generous amount grated on top just to gild the lily.
Potluck Desserts Made in a 13 x 9 inch Dish
I love desserts like this one to pack-up and take to the office or church potluck or a family meal. It's a simple make-ahead dessert to prepare and eat, and there's never a piece leftover.
Other lush recipes you may like to try:
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Lemon Lush with White Chocolate
- 2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts divided
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 8 oz whipped topping thawed or 4 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream, divided
- 2 3.4 oz boxes instant lemon pudding
- 4 cup whole milk
- 2 oz white chocolate bar grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spritz the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Melt the butter, then toss with the vanilla wafer crumbs, macadamia nuts, sugar, and white chocolate chips. Reserve 2 tablespoon of finely crushed nuts to sprinkle on top.
- Press firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden and set. Cool completely.
- Whip together the cream cheese and powdered sugar with 1 teaspoon pure vanilla. Whip until fluffy, Whip in 1  oz cool chip or 2 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Whip together both packages of lemon pudding with 4 cup cold milk until thickened. Pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Frost with the remaining 8 oz whipped topping or 2 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream. Sprinkle the top with grated white chocolate and reserved finely chopped macadamia nuts. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting.