This popular layered dessert has been rotating through Southern kitchens for many years. This Lemon Lush With White Chocolate And Macadamia Nuts is a flavor we adore when the weather begins to warm-up. The bright fresh flavor of lemon pudding layered with a luscious cream cheese filling can only be eclipsed by the crust filled with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. It’s sure to be the hit of any dessert table.
I love this vintage layer dessert so much I have several version here in the MSSK recipe file. Chocolate fudge, a coconut cream lush, a black forest lush and a banana split lush to name a few. To this lemon version, I added macadamia nuts, and plenty of creamy white chocolate chips to the crust and a generous amount grated on top just to gild the lily. I love desserts like this one to pack-up and take to the office or church potluck or a family meal. It’s a simple make-ahead dessert to prepare and eat, and there’s never a piece leftover.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Lemon Lush With White Chocolate And Macadamia Nuts
- 2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup [1 stick] butter melted
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2  oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2  oz whipped topping thawed or 4 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream, divided
- 2 [3.4] oz boxes instant lemon pudding
- 4 cup whole milk
- 2 oz white chocolate bar grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spritz the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Melt the butter, then toss with the vanilla wafer crumbs, macadamia nuts, sugar, and white chocolate chips. Reserve 2 Tbsp of finely crushed nuts to sprinkle on top.
- Press firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden and set. Cool completely.
- Whip together the cream cheese and powdered sugar with 1 tsp pure vanilla. Whip until fluffy, Whip in 1  oz cool chip or 2 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Whip together both packages of lemon pudding with 4 cup cold milk until thickened. Pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Frost with the remaining 8 oz whipped topping or 2 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream. Sprinkle the top with grated white chocolate and reserved finely chopped macadamia nuts. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting.