Candied Cinnamon Sugar Pecans – Candied cinnamon sugar pecans and nuts are usually thought of as a holiday treat. I confess, I make them year-round and use them as a garnish for desserts, pies, cakes, cookies or ice cream. Sometimes, I whip-up a batch for just plain munching. My mantra is simple, life is short why wait until a special occasion to enjoy the flavors you love, right?
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Candied Cinnamon Sugar Pecans
- 4 cup pecan halves
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon plus 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 15x10x1.5-inch jelly roll pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the egg white and vanilla extract until frothy and light beige in color.
- Coat the pecan pieces in the beaten egg white stirring until evenly coated.
- Place the granulated sugar, brown sugar, spices and salt in a large plastic storage bag. Seal the bag and shake to combine.
- Drop the pecans into the sugar mixture.
- Seal the bag and shake until the pecans are coated on all sides.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on the jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on wax paper and cool completely.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.