These easy Chocolate Peppermint Truffles turn crushed peppermint bark flavored cookies into a delicious truffle filling. They're each dipped in chocolate, and sprinkled with crushed candy canes, to give a hint as to what's inside. They're a scrumptious no-bake option to add to your holiday goodie plans, and a project that's perfect for getting the whole family involved.
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
Truffles that are made with cookies are super fun to make, and they're a terrific project to get the kids involved, too. Nabisco often comes out with seasonal Oreo flavors such as Easter Oreo's for Spring, and candy cane or peppermint bark flavored cookies for Christmas. They offer other flavors as well, depending on the time of year. While I love baking from scratch, it's also nice to have simple, no-bake options in the recipe file like easy s'mores candy bark and mint chocolate cookie bark to add to the mix.
Tips for Making Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
Chocolate cookie truffles aren't difficult to make but, I wanted to give you just a couple of pointers in case these will be your first attempt.
- Some private label or store brands, also offer a peppermint flavored cream filled cookie. Feel free to adapt depending on the availability in your area.
- A food processor makes the task of crushing the cookies really easy. By easy, I mean, in seconds. It's also handy for combining the crumbs with the cream cheese thoroughly.
- Melting wafers may be used in place of the vanilla and chocolate almond bark. Ghiradelli makes some really great options. You can also dip these truffles in one flavor using all chocolate or all vanilla. I love doing half of each for the visual appeal.
- After forming the truffles, it's important to allow them time to harden so, they won't fall apart when dipping in the warm coating. So, don't skip the freezer.
- Yield may vary, depending on how large you make the truffles.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- 2 10.7 oz packages Peppermint Bark Oreo cookies crushed
- 10 oz cream cheese softened
- 6 6-inch candy canes crushed
- 12 oz vanilla almond bark
- 12 oz chocolate almond bark
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl or using a food processor, combine cookie crumbs and cream cheese until fully combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon to divide filling forming into bite-size balls. Arrange on cookie sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In 2 separate shallow bowls, melt vanilla and chocolate almond bark per package directions. Use a fork to dip ½ into the vanilla and ½ of the truffles into the chocolate allowing excess to drip off.
- Place back onto pan and immediately sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Return to freezer until set.
- Store in an airtight container, in refrigerator.