These incredible sweet and spicy Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Almonds are similar to the ones sold at a premium price at every neighborhood mall. You know the ones, as soon as you approach the area where they’re sold, the smell of cinnamon fills the air and it’s completely intoxicating. You may even find yourself so tempted by the aroma that you think it’s prudent to spend your tight shopping budget on an entire case of them. OK, maybe that’s just me but, they are incredibly enticing. The truth is, they’re a cinch to make at home and take so few ingredients to prepare that I began making them myself at a fraction of the buy-at-the-mall or specialty store price. When entertaining or on family movie night, set them out in a decorative bowl, and they’ll be the star of the gathering.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Almonds
- 4 cups whole almonds
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 15x10x1.5-inch jelly roll pan.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the egg white and vanilla extract until the egg white has expanded and looks creamy and light beige in color.
- Add the almonds to the mixing bowl. Coat the almonds with the beaten egg white stirring until evenly coated.
- Place the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large plastic storage bag. Seal the bag and shake to combine.
- Drop the egg white coated almonds into the sugar mixture.
- Seal the bag and shake until the almonds are coated on all sides.
- Spread in a single layer on the prepared jelly roll pan then bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on wax paper and cool completely.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.