You’ll love making these cute as a button Candy Coated Strawberry Carrots to add to your Spring desserts this year. They’re one of those edible crafts that are so fun to make and eat!
Easy Candy Coated Strawberry Carrots Recipe
This recipe for candy coated strawberries make the cutest topping for sheet cakes, cupcakes or served on their own for a handheld sweet treat. They add color and interest to the table and people always gravitate to them to eat. The green stems provide the natural green for the faux carrot tops.
How to Make the Best Candy Coated Strawberry Carrots
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Candy Coated Strawberry Carrots: Large strawberries with green intact, white almond bark or Candiquik candy coating, red and yellow food gel coloring.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A large sheet pan covered with wax paper, measuring spoons, non stick spatula for stirring.
- You can use orange candy coating in place of tinted vanilla almond bark, if preferred. Candy coating is typically found at craft stores like Michaels.
- It’s important to start with clean dry strawberries. Wet berries will make it difficult to apply the coating.
- After cleaning the strawberries, place them onto paper towels to dry. You can also gently pat them dry prior to coating.
- Gel or oil based food colorings work best in the candy coating for this recipe.
- When dipping the strawberries, it’s helpful to “bundle” and pinch all of the leaves together to keep them out of the coating.
- Twirl the strawberry in the tinted candy coating, then place onto a wax paper lined baking pan to set. Place the pan into the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- You can use a small amount of vegetable oil to thin the candy coating for drizzling, if desired.
- As demonstrated in the images, you may opt to heavily drizzle the strawberries or simply drizzle in a zigzag pattern. There’s no wrong way, this is an edible craft and meant to be fun and a chance to get creative!
- You may also choose to sprinkle with sanding sugar or edible glitter.
- You can use these candy coated strawberries as a garnish for cakes, cupcakes, cookies or brownies.
- Store Candy Coated Strawberry Carrots chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The shelf life depends on how fresh the strawberries are.
More Strawberry Recipes to Make
- Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle is a stunning dessert for any special occasion.
- Easy Strawberry Parfaits when you need smaller dessert servings.
- Baked Strawberry Doughnuts are a treat for any time of day.
- Strawberry Shortcake made Southern Style.
- Fresh Strawberry Coffee Cake is a fabulous way to start the day.
- Strawberries and Cream Pie has a surprise layer hidden inside.
- Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs from Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Candy Coated Strawberry Carrots
- 12 large strawberries
- 1 16 oz vanilla almond bark or candiquik
- 1 tsp red gel food coloring
- 1 tsp yellow gel food coloring
- Clean berries, dry thoroughly. Line a large sheet pan with wax paper. Set aside.
- Melt candy coating per the package directions, mix well. Continue to heat in 15 second increments, stopping to stir each time until mixture is completely smooth.
- Add 1 tsp red food gel and 1 tsp yellow gel. Stir thoroughly, adding more of each color until desired intensity of color is reached.
- Gather strawberry leaves into a bundle, and dip each strawberry in candy coating, twirling to coat. (If candy coating cools while you work, heat in microwave in 15 second increments to melt.)
- Place dipped strawberries on wax paper lined sheet pan. Repeat until all strawberries are coated.
- Decorate tops, drizzling remaining candy coating over each strawberry in desired pattern. Place pan into fridge to chill for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from wax paper and use kitchen scissors to trim around bottom edge.
- Store in an airtight container chilled for up to 3 days.