These colorful Easter M&M Cookie Bars are buttery and chewy. They're filled with pastel M&M's making them perfect for any spring celebration.
Easy Easter M&M Cookie Bars Recipe
Kitchen Tools You'll Need to Make Easy Easter M&M Cookie Bars: These cookie bars are chewy and somewhat like blondies in flavor. To make them you'll need an 8x8 or 9x9 inch non stick metal baking pan, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons and an electric mixer. You'll also need a large non stick spatula for mixing the M&M's into the batter. Add to the useful kitchen items, have a sharp knife handy for cutting the cookie bars into squares after baking. Alternatively, you can use the sharp edge of a brownie cutting spatula for serving. Also, you'll need an airtight container for storing these cookie bars.
How to Make the BEST Easter M&M Cookie Bars Recipe
- These cookie bars don't take super special ingredients to make. There's only one obvious exception and that's the pastel M&M candies. They're the "jewelry" for these goodies and are typically easy to find around the Easter season.
- Other ingredients you'll need: Butter, either salted or unsalted will work, granulated white sugar, light brown sugar, pure vanilla extract, large eggs, all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- I recommend that you begin with softened butter and room temperature eggs for even baking of the cookie bars.
- If you only have salted butter on hand, it's perfectly fine to use it. When doing so, decrease the salt called for in the recipe to ¼ teaspoon.
- What are some other ingredients you can add? You can add ½ cup chopped walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, or pistachios. You can also transform these into any season simply by changing the color of the M&M's.
- If you prefer, you could also use egg shaped candies.
- More add-in ideas: ½ cup of white or semi sweet chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, or coconut.
- You can also sprinkle the top with pastel colored sprinkles before baking or add a small amount to the batter for more color.
- Keep in mind when you add things to a recipe, it may alter the baking time slightly. Be flexible.
- How do you store cookie bars? Store these Easter M&M cookie bars at room temperature in an airtight container for up to three days. They never last that long.
Cookie Bars Variations
Cookie bars are fun and very forgiving to make. For this recipe, you could change it by the season based on the color of the M&M's used making them perfect for any holiday! Such as using red and green M&M’s for Christmas, red and pink candies for Valentine's Day or bright and cheery green for St. Patrick’s Day.
More Cookie Bars and Brownie Recipes to Make
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Bars are delicious served slightly warm while still gooey.
- Bodacious Butterfinger Cookie Bars are filled with chopped Butterfinger candy bar nougat.
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars feature all of the flavors we love in the famous cookies.
- Loaded Turtle Cookie Bars are simply addictive.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars combine two desserts into one irresistible sweet treat.
- Orange Dream Bars from Crazy for Crust.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easter M&M Cookie Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Easter pastel colored M&M candies divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter and flour an 8x8 or 9x9-inch non stick baking pan or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer cream together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- In a medium size ,mixing bowl use a whisk to sift together flour, baking power and salt.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually add the sifted dry ingredients until all is used. Beat just until fully combined, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- By hand, mix in ½ cup of M&M’s. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan then sprinkle the top with the reserved ½ cup M&M’s gently pressing into the batter. .
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back showing moist crumbs. Cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
can this recipes be double to be baked in a 9x13
You can double it, sure. When doubling any recipe, expect the baking time to be longer.