This Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle is one of those make-in-advance crowd pleasing desserts. It's filled with sweet strawberries, cake and a homemade vanilla cheesecake mousse. Serve it for any occasion when stunning and delicious desserts are on the menu.
The Best Way to Assemble Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
To assemble this confection, I recommend starting with cubed cake, then strawberries then vanilla cheesecake mousse in that order. Depending on the size and depth of the trifle bowl used, the layers could come together differently, so consider the size of the bowl you're using when separating the ingredients into layers. This strawberry cheesecake trifle is a fun dessert to make and serve and there's never ever a spoonful leftover.
When to Serve Fresh Strawberry Trifle
Birthday parties, church and office potluck gatherings and of course, for the holidays. I literally make this trifle year-round when I can get my hands on sweet strawberries. Thankfully, that's not a problem thanks to my local grocery store which seems to always have them in stock. It's a given that it will show-up during the glorious strawberry picking season, but the colors make it perfection at Christmas, too.
More Strawberry Desserts To Try
Checkout these recipes to enjoy fresh strawberries at any time of day:
- My spectacular Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Magic Bars from Wine and Glue
- Black Bottomed Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
- Easy Strawberry Parfaits
- Fresh Strawberry Coffee Cake
Pick-up a copy of my Best-Selling cookbook here today!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
- 2 pints fresh strawberries hulled and cubed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 21 oz can strawberry pie filling
- Vanilla cheesecake mousse:
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar divided
- 4 cup heavy cream divided
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 angel food or vanilla pound cake cubed
- Mix together the cubed strawberries with ⅓ cup granulated sugar and 1 juiced lemon. Stir well then set aside to macerate while you make the filling.
- Whip together 2  oz softened cream cheese with 1 ½ cup powdered sugar and 1 ½ cup heavy cream. Add 1 tablespoon pure vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until creamy, fluffy and combined. In a separate bowl, whip the remaining 2 ½ cup heavy cream with ½ cup powdered sugar, more if desired. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 2 cup of the whipped sweetened fresh cream into the cheesecake mixture by hand. Reserve the remaining whipped sweetened fresh cream for the top of the trifle.
- Add the strawberry pie filling to the macerated strawberries, mix well.
- To assemble, alternate layers of cubed cake, strawberries, and vanilla cheesecake mousse. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
- Top with the remaining sweetened fresh whipped cream and garnish as desired. Chill for 3-4 hours prior to serving.
- Store leftovers chilled.