This Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle is one of those make-in-advance crowd pleasing desserts. It’s filled with sweet strawberries, cubed cake and a homemade vanilla cheesecake mousse. I literally make this year-round when I can get my hands on sweet strawberries. It’s a given it will show-up during the glorious strawberry picking season, but the colors make it perfection at Christmas, too.
How To Assemble
To assemble this confection, I recommend starting with cubed cake, then strawberries then vanilla cheesecake mousse in that order. Depending on the size and depth of the trifle bowl used, the layers could come together differently, so consider the size of the bowl you’re using when separating the ingredients into layers. This strawberry cheesecake trifle is a fun dessert to make and serve and there’s never ever a spoonful leftover.
More Strawberry Desserts To Try
Another strawberry confection you may like to try is my spectacular Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake, or a friends recipe for Strawberries and Cream Magic Bars. On a cool night cozy up to a bowl filled Strawberries and Cream Skillet Cobbler topped with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream or treat yourself to a big piece of Black Bottomed Strawberry Cheesecake Pie.
Pick-up a copy of my Best-Selling cookbook here today!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
- 2 pints fresh strawberries hulled and cubed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 21 oz can strawberry pie filling
- Vanilla cheesecake mousse:
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar divided
- 4 cup heavy cream divided
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 angel food or vanilla pound cake cubed
- Mix together the cubed strawberries with 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1 juiced lemon. Stir well then set aside to macerate while you make the filling.
- Whip together 2  oz softened cream cheese with 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 1/2 cup heavy cream. Add 1 Tbsp pure vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until creamy, fluffy and combined. In a separate bowl, whip the remaining 2 1/2 cup heavy cream with 1/2 cup powdered sugar, more if desired. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 2 cup of the whipped sweetened fresh cream into the cheesecake mixture by hand. Reserve the remaining whipped sweetened fresh cream for the top of the trifle.
- Add the strawberry pie filling to the macerated strawberries, mix well.
- To assemble, alternate layers of cubed cake, strawberries, and vanilla cheesecake mousse. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
- Top with the remaining sweetened fresh whipped cream and garnish as desired. Chill for 3-4 hours prior to serving.
- Store leftovers chilled.