This Caramel Banana Pudding Lush combines the flavor of banana pudding adding a rich and buttery layer of caramel. It begins with a buttery vanilla wafer crumb crust enhanced with almonds. The next layer is made of sweetened cream cheese then caramel and banana slices and pudding then it’s topped with more whipped cream. A sprinkle of vanilla wafer crumbs, toffee bits and toasted almonds finishes each bite with a bit of crunch.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Caramel Banana Pudding Lush
- 2 1/4 cup vanilla wafer crumbs divided
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup [1 stick] butter melted
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits divided
- 2  oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 5 medium bananas peeled and sliced
- 20 oz Cool Whip thawed [see cook's note]
- 2 [3.4] oz boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spritz the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter, then toss with 2 cup crushed vanilla wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup sliced almonds and 1/4 cup sugar. Reserve 1/4 cup sliced almonds to sprinkle on top.
- Press firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden and set. Cool completely.
- Whip together the cream cheese and powdered sugar with 1 tsp pure vanilla. Whip until fluffy, then whip in 1  oz Cool Whip.
- Spread over the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle the cream cheese layer with 1/4 cup English toffee bits.
- Mixed the sliced bananas with the caramel. Pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Whip together both packages of vanilla pudding with 3 cup cold milk for 3 minutes or until thick but still pourable. Spread over the bananas.
- Frost the top with 12 oz Cool Whip. Garnish with 1/4 cup English toffee bits, 1/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers and 1/4 cup toasted almonds.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting and serving.
- Store chilled.
In this dish, you'll need around 20 oz total of Cool Whip. 1  oz for the cream cheese layer and 1  oz for the topping.
If you prefer using fresh sweetened whipped cream you'll need 2 cup whipped cream for the cream cheese layer and 3 cup for the topping.