This Caramel Banana Pudding Lush combines the flavor of banana pudding adding a rich and buttery layer of caramel. It begins with a buttery vanilla wafer crumb crust enhanced with almonds. The next layer is made of sweetened cream cheese then caramel and banana slices and pudding then it's topped with more whipped cream. A sprinkle of vanilla wafer crumbs, toffee bits and toasted almonds finishes each bite with a bit of crunch.
Caramel Banana Pudding Lush
Other Lush Dessert Recipes to Add to the Menu
Layered desserts are always well received whether you're cooking for a family, holiday or office potluck. They're typically made in a 13 x 9 inch pan making them a little easier to transport to other locations. More lush dessert inspiration:
- I often call this Chocolate Fudge Layered Lush the dessert with 1000 names. All spell delicious.
- A warm weather favorite Lemon Lush with White Chocolate and Macadamia Nuts
- Banana Split Lush will take you from summer barbecues to Christmas and New Years parties.
- Black Forest Lush is an elegant take on two favorites.
- You may also enjoy this Strawberry Lush from Kitchen Meets Girl.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Caramel Banana Pudding Lush
- 2 ¼ cup vanilla wafer crumbs divided
- ¾ cup sliced almonds divided
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 20 oz frozen whipped topping thawed and divided
- ¾ cup caramel ice cream topping
- 5 medium bananas peeled and sliced
- 2 3.4 oz boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup English toffee bits (Bits-o-brickle)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spritz the bottom only of a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Crust: Mix together 2 cup crushed vanilla wafer crumbs, ½ cup sliced almonds and sugar with butter. (Reserve ¼ cup each vanilla wafers and sliced almonds for garnishing.)
- Press firmly onto the bottom of baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden and set. Cool completely.
- To assemble: Using an electric mixer, whip together cream cheese and powdered sugar with 1 tsp pure vanilla. Whip until fluffy. Add  oz thawed whipped topping, beat on low just until combined. Spread over cooled crust.
- Next layer: Mix together bananas with caramel. Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Next layer: Using an electric mixer, whip together both packages of vanilla pudding with 3 cups cold milk. Beat for 3 minutes or until thick but, still pourable. Pour over caramel bananas.
- Final layer: Frost the top with remaining [12 oz] whipped topping. Garnish with ¼ cup English toffee bits, ¼ cup crushed vanilla wafers and ¼ cup toasted almonds.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting.
- Store chilled.
If you prefer using fresh sweetened whipped cream you'll need 2 cup whipped cream for the cream cheese layer and 3 cup for the topping.