This decadent Banana Split Lush is very similar to a banana split icebox cake my Mom used to make for us when we were kids. Layers of cream cheese, pineapple and banana slices all drizzled with chocolate and lots of colorful sprinkles. Add a layer of strawberries, if you like and lots of toasted nuts. Top it all off with whipped cream and maraschino cherries then step aside. It’s one of those luscious layer desserts that are always a big hit and a true crowd pleaser. Easy to make, serve and even easier to eat.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Banana Split Lush
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2  oz cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1  oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 4 medium bananas sliced
- 2 [3.4] oz white chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cup milk
- 1  oz whipped topping or 4 cup fresh whipped cream divided
- hot fudge sauce slightly warmed
- 16 maraschino cherries with stems
- sprinkles [optional]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread 1/2 cup walnut pieces in a single layer and toast for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool. Spritz the bottom only of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, remaining 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, granulated sugar and melted butter. Press firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden and set. Cool completely.
- Whip together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, drained pineapple and 1 cup whipped topping. Whip for 2 minutes until fluffy and evenly combined. Spread evenly over the crust.
- Top with a layer of banana slices.
- Whip together both boxes of instant white chocolate pudding with 3 cups of cold milk for 2-3 minutes until thickened but still pourable. Pour over the bananas.
- Frost the top with the remaining whipped topping. Drizzle with chocolate fudge and garnish with the remaining toasted walnuts and maraschino cherries. Decorate as desired.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting to allow the layers to set.