Easy Cheezy Bacon Cream Biscuits Recipe
How to Make the Best Cheezy Cream Biscuits
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cheesy Cream Biscuits: Self rising flour, granulated sugar, heavy cream, cooked and crumbled bacon and shredded sharp cheddar cheese or colby jack cheese.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A large mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a whisk to sift together the flour and sugar, a large silicone spatula, a baking sheet, pastry brush for brushing the cream onto the tops, cheese grater, skillet for cooking the bacon and a biscuit cutter.
- You can make your own self rising flour for this biscuit recipe. To each one cup of all purpose flour add 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder and ¼ teaspoon salt. Sift together with a whisk along with the sugar called for in the recipe then proceed with the instructions.
- You can freeze unbaked biscuits for a future meal. To do so, place dough rounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze until solid then package in freezer bags for up to 2 months. Bake from frozen, adding 5-10 minutes to the baking time.
- Store leftover Cheezy Cream Biscuits chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Southern Biscuit Recipes to Make
Biscuits come in many forms and are a clean slate for adding mix-ins just like cornbread, the other house bread of the South. More biscuit recipes to make:
- Fluffy Southern Buttermilk Biscuits are a winner every time.
- Ham and Cheese Biscuits are a delicious way to use leftover holiday ham.
- Cheesy Sausage Biscuit Pinwheels are made with homemade biscuit dough rolled jelly roll style.
- Sweet Apple Pie Biscuits are baked in a cast iron skillet.
- Honey Cream Cheese Biscuits from Baked by an Introvert.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheezy Bacon Cream Biscuits
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 ⅔ cups heavy cream divided
- 6-8 slices bacon cooked and and crumbled
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon cream to brush the tops
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl sift together the sugar and flour.
- Make a well in the center. Add 1 ½ cups cream.
- Using a fork gradually mix the cream into the flour just until moistened. Add the shredded cheese and bacon mixing through the dough evenly. Add the reserved 2 tablespoon cream 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to moisten.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and using floured hands, pat into a rough circle about ¾ inch thick. Don't knead.
- Use a 3-inch biscuit cutter dipped in flour to cut the biscuits rounds.
- Place onto the baking sheet 2-inches apart.
- Brush the tops with additional cream
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until puffy and golden.
- Serve hot slathered with butter.