These simple Cheezy Bacon Cream Biscuits are incredibly easy to make. Requiring only six ingredients the two most loved being sharp cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. They aren't limited only to breakfast or brunch but, they make a delicious addition to any meal.
My Southern Sons Love Cheezy Bacon Cream Biscuits
Cream biscuits are most handy when my family wants biscuits in a snap. My sons are like all other Southern boys, they love a hot buttered biscuit. Being a busy Mom, I must confess, I don't make fresh biscuits every morning as my Mom and Grandma's did but, when those big blue eyes look up and me and ask, my heart melts and this is the recipe I can whip-up for them in a hurry.
How I Learned To Make Biscuits
I learned to make Southern buttermilk biscuits at the elbow of my Mom and Grandma's as a little girl. I was hooked. Biscuits are made in a variety of ways with ingredients and amounts varying from baker to baker. Most cooks here in the South have their own unique way of making cream biscuits, and this is my favorite way that has sort of evolved over the years in my kitchen. All of the recipes are so similar, starting with self rising flour and cream. This variation is my families favorite, and I am happy to share it with you. Serve them hot straight from the oven for breakfast or dinner. See also, Blueberry Biscuits and Honey Cream Cheese Biscuits.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheezy Bacon Cream Biscuits
Servings: 8  inch biscuits
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp sugar
- 1 ⅔ cups heavy cream divided
- 6-8 slices bacon cooked and and crumbled
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp cream to brush the tops
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl sift together the sugar and flour.
- Make a well in the center. Add 1 ½ cups cream.
- Using a fork gradually mix the cream into the flour just until moistened. Add the shredded cheese and bacon mixing through the dough evenly. Add the reserved 2 Tbsp cream 1 Tbsp at a time as needed to moisten.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and using floured hands, pat into a rough circle about ¾ inch thick. Don't knead.
- Use a 3-inch biscuit cutter dipped in flour to cut the biscuits rounds.
- Place onto the baking sheet 2-inches apart.
- Brush the tops with additional cream
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until puffy and golden.
- Serve hot slathered with butter.
*Self-rising flour substitute: For each cup of all-purpose flour, add 1 ¼ teaspoons of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt.