Start your morning right with these oh-so-easy Cherry Danish with Cream Cheese Glaze. They make the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee, latte or hot tea.
Start your Day with a Cherry Danish with Cream Cheese Glaze
When Rhodes Bread Company invited me to write a guest post for them, I knew I wanted to try some sort of pastry using their dough. A fruity cherry danish with a cream cheese glaze was the first thing that came to mind. I was looking for a way to simplify breakfast preparation, so, I made these cherry danish using their frozen dinner roll dough. The dough was perfectly portioned to divide, roll and twist making a delicious edible basket to hold the cherry pie filling. After rising they look so incredible and they taste even better. To finish, drizzle the top with a decadent cream cheese glaze, and they're guaranteed to disappear in a snap.
Sweet rolls and pastries are always a pleasing addition to the breakfast or brunch menu. They pair equally well with a steamy cup of coffee, hot tea, or a glass of cold milk, if you are so inclined. I really love making and serving them. Another easy pastry you may like to try are these Nutella Pop Tarts from Recipe Girl.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Rhodes Bread Company. The opinions and text are mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy.
Cherry Danish With Cream Cheese Glaze
- 12 Rhodes frozen unbaked dinner rolls thawed but, still cold
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 large egg beaten
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp butter softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk more as needed to thin
- ¼ tsp pure almond extract
- Thaw the dinner rolls. After thawing, on a non-stick surface, roll each dinner roll into a 10-12 inch rope. Cut in half.
- Lay the dough pieces side by side and then twist the two pieces pinching the ends together. Form into a circle tucking the pinched ends under.
- Line a standard baking sheet with parchment and place the dough rounds onto the pan.
- Brush each dough round with melted butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a draft free place until doubled.
- Using a tsp make a deep indention in the center of each dough twist. Fill with 1 tsp of cherry pie filling.
- Brush the edges of the dough with the beaten egg wash.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F . Bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges are golden.
- To make the glaze: Use a hand mixer to whip together the whipped cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, almond extract and milk.
- Use additional milk as needed to thin.
- Cool the cherry danish on the pan for 5 minutes then drizzle with the cream cheese glaze.
- Serve warm with additional glaze on the side, if desired.