Cherry Danish With Cream Cheese Glaze – When Rhodes Bread Company invited me to write a guest post for them, I knew I wanted to try some sort of pastry using their dough. A fruity cherry danish with a cream cheese glaze was the first thing that came to mind. Sweet rolls and pastries are always a pleasing addition to the breakfast or brunch menu. They pair equally well with a steamy cup of coffee, hot tea, or a glass of cold milk, if you are so inclined. I really love making and serving them.
I was looking for a way to simplify breakfast preparation, so, I made these cherry danish using Rhodes frozen dinner roll dough. The dough was perfectly portioned to divide, roll and twist making a delicious edible basket to hold the cherry pie filling. After rising they look so incredible and they taste even better. To finish, drizzle the top with a decadent cream cheese glaze, and they’re guaranteed to disappear in a snap.
Ingredients you’ll need:
12 Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1 cup cherry pie filling
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup whipped cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 Tbsp milk, more as needed to thin
1/4 tsp pure almond extract
Thaw the dinner rolls.
Line a standard baking sheet with parchment and place the dough rounds onto the pan. Brush each with melted butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a draft free place until doubled.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Rhodes Bread Company. The opinions and text are mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy.
Cherry Danish With Cream Cheese Glaze
- 12 Rhodes dinner rolls thawed but still cold
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk more as needed to thin
- 1/4 tsp pure almond extract
- Thaw the dinner rolls. After thawing, on a non-stick surface, roll each dinner roll into a 10-12 inch rope. Cut in half.
- Lay the dough pieces side by side and then twist the two pieces pinching the ends together. Form into a circle tucking the pinched ends under.
- Line a standard baking sheet with parchment and place the dough rounds onto the pan.
- Brush each dough round with melted butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a draft free place until doubled.
- Using a tsp make a deep indention in the center of each dough twist. Fill with 1 tsp of cherry pie filling.
- Brush the edges of the dough with the beaten egg wash.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F .
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until the edges are golden.
- To make the glaze: Use a hand mixer to whip together the whipped cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, almond extract and milk.
- Use additional milk as needed to thin.
- Cool the cherry danish on the pan for 5 minutes then drizzle with the cream cheese glaze.
- Serve warm with additional glaze on the side, if desired.