This mouthwatering Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad features chunks of rotisserie chicken, cheddar cheese and crispy bacon smothered in a homemade ranch dressing.
Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad Recipe
This simple pasta salad uses elbow macaroni and it’s a continuation of our love of this flavor combination. It makes a stellar side dish or main dish that you can have ready in the fridge for busy day meals. Rotisserie chickens are a gift and there are so many ways o incorporate it into easy dinner recipes for the family. This pasta salad is no different and it’s delicious to the very last spoonful. How to make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Pasta – Cook the macaroni in salted water per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- Mix-ins – In a large mixing bowl add drained pasta, chicken, bacon, tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, green onion and cheese. (reserve some bacon and green onion for garnishing)
- Make Dressing – Whisk together Ranch dressing mix, mayonnaise, buttermilk, dill, garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Combine – Add the dressing to the pasta and toss to evenly coat and evenly distribute other ingredients.
- Chill Until Serving – Chill in an airtight container for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish -Garnished with reserved cheese, bacon and green onions.
How to Make the Best Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad: Rotisserie or roasted chicken, bacon, green onions, sharp cheddar cheese, elbow macaroni, Roma tomatoes, red onion, red bell pepper and green bell pepper.
- To make the Ranch salad dressing you’ll need: Mayonnaise, one 1 ounce package of dry buttermilk Ranch Dressing mix, buttermilk, garlic salt, fresh dill and lemon pepper.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A pasta cooker or large pot to cook the macaroni, colander, large bowl, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons.
- This pasta salad uses elbow macaroni as the base. That said, you could use any pasta such as a medium shell pasta, penne pasta twisted macaroni.
- You can use any leftover chicken to make this entrée salad. I typically use rotisserie chicken, but grilled chicken breasts, chicken poached in chicken broth or roasted chicken will all work.
- Should I make this chicken bacon ranch pasta salad in advance? Yes, it’s best to give it ample time in the refrigerator for the salad to chill so the flavors can marry and become even more robust.
- What’s the best brand of ranch seasoning mix to use? You can use Hidden Valley or any private label brand that you enjoy.
- Please note, the bacon will soften a bit when you stir it into the mix. If you want to maintain the crunch of the bacon, mix it in just before serving and wait until then to garnish the top.
- Do you want to use a full pound of macaroni? You can, just be prepared to adjust the dressing adding more mayonnaise and ranch seasoning to your taste.
- Can I use a different cheese? While the flavor of cheddar cheese is my favorite for this kind of salad, you could use colby, monterey jack, white cheddar or mozzarella cheese, if that’s what you have on hand.
- To lighten-up this salad you may opt to use low fat mayonnaise, low fat buttermilk and turkey bacon.
- Another way to enjoy these same flavors is my recipe Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Rolls which remains a viral Pinterest sensation.
- Store Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Easy Pasta Salad Recipes to Make
While we love this classic chicken bacon ranch flavor combination, the sky’s the limit with other pasta salad recipes to enjoy. A few other easy pasta recipes you may like to try for dinner tonight:
- Easy Homestyle Macaroni Salad is perfection for warm weather picnics and barbecues.
- My BLT Layered Pasta Salad is a meal in a bowl.
- Italian Penne Pasta Salad is packed with flavor.
- Tuna Macaroni Salad is perfect for light meals and snacking.
- Layered Southwestern Cheese Tortellini Salad is a meal in one!
- Italian Spaghetti Salad doubles as a light meal or a side dish.
- Rotini Pasta Salad from The Slow Roasted Italian.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni (About 3 cups)
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and chopped
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion diced small
- 3 medium green onions thinly sliced
- 1 8 ounce block sharp cheddar cheese small cubes
- 1 1.0 oz packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and green onion for garnishing
- Cook macaroni in salted water per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl add pasta, chicken, bacon, tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, green onion and cheese. (reserve some bacon and green onion for garnishing)
- Whisk together Ranch dressing mix, mayonnaise, buttermilk, dill, garlic salt and lemon pepper. Add to the pasta and toss to evenly coat.
- Chill in an airtight container for at least 4 hours before serving garnished with cheese, bacon and green onions.