These Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts are seasoned with a flavorful rub then, roasted until they're tender and flavorful. They can be enjoyed atop fresh greens as a dinner salad, as the entree with your favorite sides or, turned into a sandwich on a toasted kaiser roll.
Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts for Dinner
There is truly no end to the ways of cooking boneless chicken breasts. Chicken cooks quickly, and can be transformed into a myriad of dishes. Dishes, I might add, that my family embraces each time chicken is served. Garlic brown sugar chicken served over rice and crockpot chicken and dressing always brings them running to the table. Italian inspired Pepperoni pizza chicken and chicken and vegetable foil packs are just a couple of samples of our all-time favorites.
Helpful Tips for Making Chicken
This particular chicken recipe is a fabulous way to use pantry ingredients to make a flavorful rub to add flavor and a little sass to chicken breasts.
- This recipe utilizes boneless skinless chicken breasts. If you would like to see how to make bone-in chicken in the oven, checkout my recipe for oven barbecue chicken.
- Feel free to experiment with the spice rub adapting the ingredients using what you have on hand. This particular rub is my go-to.
- You may season the chicken breasts with the rub ahead of time, and then keep chilled in an airtight container until you're ready to prepare. Even overnight, when you're pressed for time.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for garlic, lemon and herb grilled chicken breasts from Kalyn's Kitchen.
Dishes to Serve with Oven Baked Chicken
There's no wrong choice of side dishes in my opinion. That said, I wanted to direct you to a few of my favorites in the MSSK recipe index.
- Spinach Salad with a Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- Homestyle Macaroni Salad
- Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- Green Bean and Potato Salad
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts
- 4 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp dark chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme, oregano or tarragon
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼-1/2 tsp cayenne adjust to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil plus additional as needed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Using an oven safe grill pan, broiler pan or line a baking sheet with foil. Spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Pound the thickest portion of each chicken breasts into even thickness. (This will ensure the chicken cooks evenly.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, chili, salt, lemon pepper, garlic, paprika, thyme, onion powder and cayenne.
- Drizzle chicken pieces on both sides with oil. Sprinkle both sides evenly with seasoning rubbing into the chicken pieces. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until juices run clear. (Internal temperature of 165°F)
- Rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve.