This recipe for Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts features chicken that's seasoned with a flavorful rub, then roasted until they're tender. They can be enjoyed atop fresh greens as a dinner salad, as the featured entrée with your favorite sides, or turned into a sandwich on a toasted Kaiser roll.
Easy Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts Recipe
There is truly no end to the ways of cooking boneless chicken breasts. Chicken cooks quickly, and can be transformed into a myriad of dishes. Dishes, I might add, that my family embraces each time chicken is served. Garlic brown sugar chicken served over rice and crockpot chicken and dressing always brings them running to the table. Italian inspired Pepperoni pizza chicken and chicken and vegetable foil packs are just a couple of samples of our all-time favorites.
How to Make the Best Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts
How do you make easy juicy chicken breasts in the oven? It's surprisingly simple to do, This particular boneless chicken recipe is a fabulous way to use pantry ingredients that you already have on hand to make a flavorful rub. A homemade seasoning rub adds flavor and a little sass to plain chicken breasts.
- Can I bake bone-in chicken breasts? This recipe utilizes boneless skinless chicken breasts. If you would like to see how to make juicy bone-in chicken breasts in the oven, checkout my recipe for Oven BBQ Chicken Breasts that turns out juicy and delicious every single time.
- Can I adapt the spice rub ingredients? Absolutely, you can, Feel free to experiment with the spice rub adapting the ingredients using what you have on hand. This particular rub is my go-to.
- You may season the chicken breasts with the rub ahead of time, and then keep chilled in an airtight container until you're ready to prepare. Even overnight, when you're pressed for time.
- Can you stuff chicken breasts? Oh yes, the stuffing options are endless. This easy chicken breast recipes keeps things simple. You may want to checkout my recipe for Oven Fried Provolone Stuffed Chicken Breasts here.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Garlic, Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken Breasts from Kalyn's Kitchen.
Southern Style Side Dishes to Serve with Oven Baked Chicken
There's no wrong choice of side dishes in my opinion to go with this juicy baked chicken breasts recipe. That said, I wanted to direct you to a few of my favorites you can find in the MSSK recipe index.
- This Spinach Salad with a Honey Dijon Vinaigrette is filled with apples, bleu cheese toasted pecans and bacon.
- Whip-up a batch of my Homestyle Macaroni Salad for the ultimate warm weather side.
- Parmesan Smashed Potatoes can be made in advance then baked when you're ready to eat.
- A riff on a favorite side dish combination this recipe for Green Bean and Potato Salad features a sweet and tangy dressing.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts
- 4 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, oregano or tarragon
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon cayenne adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus additional as needed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Using an oven safe grill pan, broiler pan or line a baking sheet with foil. Spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Pound the thickest portion of each chicken breasts into even thickness. (This will ensure the chicken cooks evenly.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, chili, salt, lemon pepper, garlic, paprika, thyme, onion powder and cayenne.
- Drizzle chicken pieces on both sides with oil. Sprinkle both sides evenly with seasoning rubbing into the chicken pieces. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until juices run clear. (Internal temperature of 165°F)
- Rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve.