These Cider Glazed Apple Dumplings can be served for breakfast, brunch or as a delicious dessert with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream. They're smothered with an apple cider sauce that makes them simply irresistible any time of day.
Easy Cider Glazed Apple Dumplings Recipe
As a family, one of our favorite places to visit is an apple orchard and farm that we love in Tennessee. In their cider bar, they have the most fantastic selection and array of apple, everything. One of their signature dessert items is an apple dumpling made with one whole apple picked fresh from the orchard. It's wrapped in pie pastry and baked until golden. You can enjoy them with or without, a scoop of ice cream making them practically a meal in themselves.
How to Make the Best Cider Glazed Apple Dumplings Recipe
Adults love those huge orchard dumplings, but they can be a little cumbersome for little ones. For a taste of those same flavors at home, I make these cider glazed apple dumplings. The chopped apple filling is reminiscent of apple pie. Thanks to using canned biscuits, they're super simple to make.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cider Glazed Apple Dumplings: Apple Cider, canned flaky biscuits, Granny Smith apples, butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, vanilla extract and vanilla extract for serving.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A medium size saucepan to make the filling, apple corer, sharp knife and cutting board or apple slicer, measuring cups and spoons, a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and a non stick surface for rolling out the dough.
- I made this recipe using Grands! Jr canned biscuits which are a 5 count can of biscuits resulting in 10 total servings. They can be hard to find at times. Rest assured you can use any brand of flaky biscuits that you enjoy. Keep in mind that 5 biscuits, pulled in half will make 10 servings.
- Should you need to, you can use apple juice in place of apple cider in the same amount.
- You could substitute apple pie spice in place of the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. When doing so, you'll need around 1-2 teaspoons.
- For us, ice cream isn't optional. That being said, you can certainly eat these apple dumplings on their own or with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- These Apple Dumplings are best made and eaten fresh. Should you have any leftover you should chill the cider glaze separate from the dumplings. Reheat in single servings in the microwave or in an air fryer.
More Apple Dessert Recipes to Make
- This chocolate drizzled Caramel Apple Fluff has chopped Snickers bars hidden inside.
- Stuffed Crust Skillet Apple Pie is golden and delicious.
- Warm Apple Cobbler is the dessert equivalent of comfort food.
- Easy Fried Apple Pies dusted with powdered sugar never last long.
- Start your day with this Apple Baked Oatmeal.
- Glazed Apple Fritters are impossible to resist.
- My Praline Apple Bread is a fan favorite.
- Apple Milkshake from A Foodie Affair.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cider Glazed Apple Dumplings
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 ½ cup apple cider [sparkling or plain]
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar plus 1 Tbsp
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz can 10 count flaky biscuits [ I used Grands!]
- 2 cup apples peeled, cored and diced [variety of your preference]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter an 8 x 12 inch baking dish.
- On the stovetop in a small saucepan, mix together the cider, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes until reduced and the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Toss the apples with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Flatten each biscuit into roughly a 5 inch circle.
- Divide the chopped apples evenly between the biscuit rounds. Place into the middle. Fold the dough over the filling and press together tucking the ends under. Place seam side down in the buttered baking dish.
- Arrange the apple dumplings side by side in the baking dish.
- Pour the cider sauce over the biscuits.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- To serve, spoon the cider sauce over the dumplings and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 384mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 299IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg