This outrageous Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Apple Fluff is for caramel apple fans of all ages. It can be served as a small bite dessert with graham crackers and vanilla wafers for dipping or, as an impressive no-bake dessert. Granny Smith apples, caramel pudding, whipped cream and chunks of caramel candy bars are combined then topped with more whipped cream, caramel and a drizzle of warm chocolate ganache. A sprinkle of salted peanuts, toffee bits and candy to garnish the top is all it takes to get the party started.
Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Apple Fluff Dessert
Fluffy desserts are a year-round extravaganza at our house. I love them for the easy preparation and the sky is the limit with variations which only serves to ignite my imagination with flavor combinations. If I want to serve a taste of the islands I make my Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Fluff. A bit of nostalgia and it's a quick 5-minute vintage Watergate Salad every time. No time to bake? No worries, you can whip up a Cherry Pie Fluff in no time flat.
Tips for Making Caramel Apple Fluff
- While this version begins with fresh apples, it's perfectly fine to prepare and assemble this caramel apple fluff the night before you'd like to serve it.
- I chose Granny Smith apples as this dessert isn't short on sweetness and a tart apple is needed to balance the flavors.
- If preferred, you can wait and drizzle the caramel and warm chocolate ganache on top just before serving for added drama.
- The topping is also delicious chilled so, either way you're bound to be the talk of the town.
Other Caramel Desserts to Add to the Menu
This caramel apple fluff is a special dessert for a special occasion. Other caramel delights to try:
- Homemade Caramel Dipped Apples a fun task the whole family can get in on making.
- Make Homemade Dulce de Leche in your slow cooker for gift giving and drizzling on ice cream and cake or use as a dip for fruit.
- Delicious crumb topped Caramel Apple Crisp served a la mode.
- You may also like to try these Caramel Apple Crumble Bars from Mom on Timeout.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Apple Fluff
- 2 3.4 oz boxes caramel instant pudding mix (See Cook's note)
- 4 cups half and half
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups Granny Smith apples small diced
- 1 10 oz package fun size Milky Way Simply Caramel candy bars, unwrapped and cubed
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows divided
- 1 cup salted peanuts roughly chopped and divided
- 1 16 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed OR 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup quality caramel ice cream topping or dulce de leche warmed to drizzle consistency
- ⅓ cup bits-o-brickle toffee bits
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, whip together the pudding mix and half and half until thickened but, still pourable.
- Add the cream cheese. Continue to whip for 2-3 minutes or until completely smooth.
- By hand fold in the apples, 2 cups marshmallows, ½ cubed candy bars and ¾ cup peanuts. Mix into the pudding until evenly distributed.
- Fold in ½ of the whipped topping. (Or 2 cups whipped cream) Pour into a 9 x 13-inch dish.
- In a microwave safe dish melt together the chocolate chips and heavy cream in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Frost the top with the remaining whipped topping.
- Arrange the remaining cubed candy bar, ¼ cup peanuts, bits-o-brickle and ½ cup marshmallows over the whipped topping. Drizzle with melted chocolate and caramel.
- Chill for 4 hours prior to serving. Store leftovers chilled.
- Substitute 2 (3.4 oz) boxes cheesecake pudding mix instead. Use 8 oz caramel syrup or ice cream topping in place of one cup of half and half to make the pudding then, proceed with the recipe as written.
- Use 2 (3.4 oz) boxes butterscotch flavored instant pudding.