This Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw is a spectacular twist on our classic Southern cole slaw. It goes particularly well with Southwestern or Mexican dishes and makes the perfect topping for pulled pork…anything! The freshly prepared vegetables add just the right color and crunch to the homemade dressing and the ingredients combine to turn this kicked-up cole slaw into a side dish to remember.
Cilantro is one of those herbs that people seem to either love or hate. We are definitely in the “love” category at our house and my vegetable bin is rarely without it. Not only is cilantro used in Mexican and Southwestern cuisine, cilantro also makes an appearance in Indian and Asian dishes as well, all of which we enjoy on a regular basis. I whipped up this batch of cilantro lime slaw to top the pulled pork tostadas we were having for dinner, and it was indeed the perfect crowning touch. Make this cole slaw at least 4 hours in advance to give the ingredients the time they need to marry. Serve it on on pulled pork sandwiches, tacos, chicken, or as a kicked-up side dish with baked beans and corn on the cobb for your next barbecue. It even goes well with a pot of pinto beans and Mexican cornbread. It doesn’t matter the event, this cilantro lime cole slaw is a side dish winner!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Food Processor
- Lemon/Lime Squeezer
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Non-Slip Bottom
- Salad Serving Bowl
Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw
- 3/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped pickled jalapeno plus 1 Tbsp juice
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 8 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 green onion minced
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, pickled jalapenos, sugar, zest, garlic salt and onion power.
- Add the slaw ingredients and mix well.
- Chill for at least 4 hours prior to serving, mixing periodically.