Homestyle Cole Slaw Dressing – Homemade dressing for slaw takes minutes to whip-up and let’s face it, cole slaw goes with almost everything. I can’t serve any type of hot dog or sausages on a bun without creamy slaw to accompany either one. Then there’s our love of barbecue. Again, cole slaw is a must-have side dish. It just never gets old and the crunchy texture makes it a welcome addition to the meal.
This dressing can be prepared a couple of days in advance, and then used to dress the slaw the day you want to serve it. If you like a more lightly dressed slaw, simply add more shredded cole slaw to the mix. Cooking doesn’t have to complicated to be good.
- ⅔ cup Miracle Whip salad dressing [see Cook's note]
- ¼ cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp dry tarragon
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp celery seed
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until fully combined.
- Toss with 1 lb cole slaw mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Stir well and adjust the salt prior to serving to your taste.